HIV - International Forum

hiv results

Hi doctor,

Hope u can help. I previously posted on the hiv site and got great advice from Dr. Hhh. Last month I had sex with an African prostitute in Ibiza. Due to being intoxicated I can't remember every detail and was worried I if I had a condom on throughout. Regret the whole event. To be safe I went to my local gum clinic and had a full screen including hiv test 4th generation at 29 days. All have come back negative. To confirm does this cover both hiv 1 and 2 ( should hiv 2 be a concern) and is the 28 day 4 th gen good enough to move on. Do I need further testing ?

Thanks in advance
Window for Hepatitis B & C is 90 days, HIV 4th generation if Lab based (and not quick one) even earlier then 90 days (6-8 weeks). Take a lab based 4th geneeration HIV test after 8 weeks and then you can relax.
Can you help me? I don't know how to ask questions to a doctor on her ( new account)
29 days in conclusive for 4th gen.
A related discussion, HIV? rash was started.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.