HIV - International Forum

please make it stop..... believe test or symptoms

Greetings. I am a male age 40. On October 18th I fingered a girl. I used my left hand(my right hand had a three day old cut). I also used a vibrator on her vagina. I did insert the toy using BOTH hands. When I pulled the toy out it had blood on it. I checked my hands and saw no blood. The girl agreed to be tested. She tested negative. Her last partner was 6 weeks prior to the test.   

On November 15th I got Dr confirmed thrush.   

On November 18th (3O days post exposure) I had a duo test conducted. The result was NEGATIVE. The hospital counselor advised this was conclusive and I really didn't need the test.   

Well I thought I was safe but on november 21st I got minor angular chelitis on one side of mouth(I have had this before). My Dr said it was minor and very common just let it be. 

On Dec 5 I was diagnosed with a minor fungal infection on my arm by my dermatologist.  He said he thought it could be that or a bruise.

I then had a rapid antibody test week 7. It was NEGATIVE. 

I had another duo at 56 days.  It was negative.

My questions: 

1. Can I sleep safely with my wife? 

2. Can I move on? 

3. Did I have a true risk(no anal no oral or no vaginal sex took place)? 

4. Were my duos at 31 and 56 days proof something else is causing my health problems. 

The symptoms are very upsetting.  I scared.

Thanks.
Hello

You can relax completely. You will not have HIV from this event and you have proven the point with your negative HIV tests. You did not have a risk with this incident. I understand it was upsetting but it was not a risk.

1. Can I sleep safely with my wife?  YES

2. Can I move on?  YES PLEASE

3. Did I have a true risk(no anal no oral or no vaginal sex took place)?  NO, THERE WAS NO RISK OF HIV here

4. Were my duos at 31 and 56 days proof something else is causing my health problems. NO - THEY WERE PROOF ONLY THAT YOU WERE HIV NEGATIVE. BY THE SOUND OF THINGS YOU DON'T HAVE "PROBLEMS". RATHER, YOU HAVE A SEQUENCE OF QUITE NORMAL CONDITIONS THAT YOU HAVE ADDED UP TO BE HIV.

YOU ARE NOT HIV POSITIVE,

kind regards, Sean
Two additional points:

I didnt insert my finger with the cut into her vagina but I did manipulate vibrator with that hand.  I am afraid that fluids transferred from vibrator and outside of vagina to finger cut.

I had another fungal infection (that time was in groin)On 9/15/13. I am using same miconazole for arm fungus.

What's wrong with me!

I also wanted to note I developed a large hemorrhoid on the outside of anus.  This was diagnosed by ER doctor today.  She said it was NOT an abscess.
Thank you for the response.  The lump near my anus increased.  I went to the doctor and I have an abscess that needs to be removed. My temperature was 99.5.

I am really scared.  Does this change your opinion on my status or further hiv tests.
Final Followup:

I went to the rectal specialist today and he stated I don't have an abscess but a THROMBOSED HEMORRHOID.  He said leave it be.

Does this change your opinion on my status or further hiv tests?

Happy Holiday

Final Followup Question:

I went to a rectal specialist today and I DON'T have an abscess, I have a THROMBOSED HEMORRHOID.  He said leave it be.

Happy Holiday

I went to a rectal specialist who said I have a THROMBOSED HEMORRHOID.  It is getting smaller in it's own.  I also have another mouth.  I hope it's not thrush.  Do I need additional hiv testing?

A quick followup:

I had a previous risk in Oct 2012(sucked breast) and my most recent risk was as I mentioned in Oct 2013.  I had a duo at 4 and 8 weeks past last risk.  I also had an 10 week antibody test at 10 weeks.

The problem is I have had thrush a few times over the last two years.

Doctors have told me forget about Hiv, regardless of my oral symptoms, do you agree?

Dr. Sean.  Sorry about post above my girlfriend also uses medhelp forumns.  I was mistakenly signed in as her when I posted followup above.

A quick followup:

I had a previous risk in Oct 2012(sucked breast) and my most recent risk was as I mentioned in Oct 2013.  I had a duo at 4 and 8 weeks past last risk.  I also had an 10 week antibody test.  All tests were negative.

The problem is I have had oral thrush a few times over the last two years.

Thanks.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.