HIV - Prevention Forum

ARS RASH?

Doctor, im a gay male from sf, and i just recently had oral sex with this guy i kind of know. We only had oral, however i was eating candy and i bit the inside of my mouth. I had about 2 big cuts in my mouth while performing oral, and i know for a fact that he had a bit of pre-ejaculate. I am concerned  because i noticed a rash of about 4 spots on my chest. I got tested 2 weeks after the exposure and my result came back negative. I also got an RNA test . I have attached a pic. let me know what you think.

http://yfrog.com/afimg2151wj
Welcome back to the HIV Prevention Forum.  As maolaping has said, while I will not look at the picture you have posted (it is very hard to tell anything from pictures,) I am confident that your rash is not due to HIV.  As we have said on this Forum more times than I can count, HIV is not spread with any meaningful frequency through oral sex.  Your laboratory data confirm this.  If your rash had been due to HIV, your PCR taken any time after the appearance of the rash would have been positive.

Finally, while symptoms of early HIV may include a rash, they are typically are accompanied by a number of other symptoms including fever, sore throat, and muscle and joint aches.

You need not worry.  I hope my comment help you in that direction.  EWH
I had no fever, or swollen lymph-nodes. I am just getting over a cold, which kind of freaks me out.
DR, Sorry for taking advantage of this post but now i am really scared. Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night and my face felt extremelly hot. I took my temperature and my temperature was at 97.5. However I took my temperature again in the morning, my oral temperature was 98.8 and my rectal temperature has not gone down from 100.7. Also, that day I woke up with a bad sore throat, that is still bothereing me and my muscles feel achi. And I know im not making these symptoms up. I feel fun down. Why is it that my body feels hot, my oral temp is not high, but my rectal temp is 100.7 and it has not gone down, It makes me sweat, and i feel flushed. I am experiencing these symptoms and they are scarring me. Im still waiting for my RNA test. COuld this bee because of my fast heart rate? Hypertension? Stress?
These are all non-specific findings.  I am confident your RNA test will be negative and when it is, I urge you to believe it. EWH
My RNA test was negative. Howerver my left tonsil is still sore and it hurts.
As predicted.  Your tonsilitis is not due to HIV.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.