Bruising?

My wife gets frequent bruising purplish mostly on her thighs, is this one of the dormant HIV symptoms? just purplish in color, no skin peeling or bumps
the only exposure I had was oral sex (receiving and cunnilingus) one time with another woman 3 years ago
Thank you dr. for your response
Many women have reasonably easy bruising.  If this is a new issue, she should discuss it with her doctor.  But there definitely is no reason to suspect HIV.  It's not an HIV symptom.  And your exposure 3 years ago was virtually zero risk.  Since you're nervous, you should have an HIV test to prove to yourself you aren't infected.  Assuming you are not otherwise at risk for HIV, you can be sure of a  negative result.

Regards--  HHH, MD
I would like to add that these small bruises dissapear after few days, infrequent, and not same location
That is an excellent description of garden variety, harmless easy bruising.

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.