HIV - Prevention Forum

Combo Test and unclean tray

Dear Doctor,

I' sorry for my 2# question, but please give me your advice again,

i went to reputable clinic in Jakarta Indonesia for my 36 days ( 5 weeks 1 day) ab/ag p24 combo test , and thanks GOD the result was nonreactive, all the equipment are new (cotton, band aid, needle) but what make me worries is there are drops of blood from previous patient on tray which the test equipment are placed,

1. can i get hiv if any equipment (cotton, band aid, needle) were contaminated with the blood on tray

2. can i move on with my ab/ag p24 combo test result  on 36 days ( 5 weeks 1 day) , because i have many symptoms right now like mouth ulcers and swollen pain lymph under my jaw

sorry for my poor english

Best Regards
CXDXRX

I am sorry that you feel the need to ask these follow-up questions.  They do not add much to the questions you have already asked.  Your tests prove that you did not get HIV from the virtually no risk events you have described earlier on both this and the HIV Community site.  I will provide brief answers to your repetitive questions.

You went to a reputable clinic.  The chance that there was any contamination of the sort you describe. Even if there were however, there is still no meaningful risk for HIV from possible contamination of the materials with infected blood or material. The HIV virus is fragile and becomes non-infectious virtually immediately after leaving the body and coming into contact with the environment.

2. can i move on with my ab/ag p24 combo test result  on 36 days ( 5 weeks 1 day) , because i have many symptoms right now like mouth ulcers and swollen pain lymph under my jaw.

Your test results conclusively prove that  your current symptoms are not related to the exposure you have described in your earlier post.  You have been told this before and it is still true.

Take care,  Please don't worry further about the exposure you have described.,  EWH
for additional information, i got test on 22 October 2013
Thanks Doctor for your advice, appreciate it so much

I forget  my unclean tray accident was on 13 october 2013,

I'am sorry if I got the test again yesterday, it's
21 days (3 weeks) from my unclean tray accident, just to calm my anxiety doctor,
And I get my test result today and the result is nonreactive,

What is the chance for my 4 weeks combo test Doctor,
Because I have got planning to get my 4 weeks test next week

Best regards
cxdxrx
Doctor my 21 days (3 weeks) test was using abbott architect combo ab/ag p24
Please answer my question Doctor
At 3 weeks a combo test would detect most (over 90% I suspect) of recent infections but as I said earlier, you cannot be completely sure of the result until 4 weeks.  In your case, I expect there was no risk to begin with.  Thus your negative test is strong evidence that you were not infected.  EWH
Dear Doctor,

I received my 4 weeks(less 1 day) ab\ag 4 generation test  today and the result is nonreactive (thanks GOD), can I trust my test result doctor

Best Regards
CXDXRX
Detail :
- 9 days ab\ag 4# generation test nonreactive
- 21 days ab\ag 4# generation test nonreactive
- 27 days ab\ag 4# generation test
Nonreactive
Your test results 27 days after your no risk event shows that you did not get HIV.  It is time to stop worrying and move forward.  EWH
Dear Doctor, sorry I am back,  thanks for your advice, I received my 5 weeks combo test today stil nonreactive, but I stil experience with on of fever since 4 weeks ago, is it hiv or any viral infection such as ebv or hepatitis
Final answer.  Your test again proves that you do not have HIV.  If there are conctinuuing concerns, you should see your own doctor for further evaluaton.  

End of thread.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.