HIV / Infectious Disease Exposure?

Hello, I am very aware I have severe OCD / anxiety issues when it comes to health concerns. However, I have a question about an incident today. I was sent today to get my blood drawn for a TSH (thyroid) test. At the lab, the plebotomist put the tournaquet on my arm, and cleaned the area. Next, she put one glove on....then she turned away and sneezed (I think into her ungloved hand or wrist). Next she put a glove on the 2nd hand and felt for my vein. She inserted the needle and took my blood. My question is, could her saliva or mucous being on the gloves or my skin be an issue here? I do not believe she touched the needle itself, but could I contract anything (like HIV or any other communicable disease) by her drawing my blood immediately after sneezing? I know this sounds ridiculous to some, but to those with anxiety its stressful. Thank you in advance for your help.
Welcome to the Forum.  I appreciate your acknowledging your OCD- it helps me.  I'm pleased to assure you that the scenario you describe could not have led to transmission of HIV, even in the unlikely circumstance that the phlebotomist who drew your blood had HIV.  The virus would not have survived exposure to the environment and is not transmitted in nasal or oral secretions.  There is no reason for concern and no need to seek testing related to the events you describe.  

I hope these comments are helpful to you.  EWH
Dr. Hook, thank you so much for your quick response. I believe the real issue here is my OCD....it is OOC.... :) Anyways, what about other infectious diseases such as hep? Aren't there other things that can be passed in saliva? Thank you again.
NO!!!  EWH
Ok, thank you so much. You have put my mind at ease. Have a goodnight.

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.