HIV - Prevention Forum

HIV From Breast Suking

Dear Doctor
Thanks for your support , I had exposure with a lady whose HIV status is unknown,The exposure was hugging with dress, and Kissing her navel and sucking breast while she just lifted her T shirt, while I was kissing I saw lot of sweat in the Stomach and I kissed there, But breast was wet i didn't find any thing unusual and I kissed and sucked breast and nipples am not sure any breast Secretion or Blood came in to my mouth I cant recall any thing , it was only few seconds,after 2 weeks I had mouth ulcers and very mild conjunction on my throat.

1. Is it any Remote chance that I am getting infected HIV from above incident,even if I sallow 1 or drops of blood/breast secretion with out my knowledge

2.is this Mouth ulcer is due to ARS ?
3.Do I need any to do test is there is any medical reason to be tested,is it okay I can have unprotected sex with my wife and spend time with my 3 year old kid
4. Is it okay I can forget about this incident and MOVE ON (Am I being just paranoid ?)
Thanks for your Valuable Answer
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be happy to answer your questions. There was no risk at all for acquiring HIV or any other STD from this exposure.  

Please remember that you do not know your partner's HIV status.  thus it is unlikely that she had HIV.  Even the majority of commercial sex workers do not have HIV.

You do not need to be concerned and do not need testing.  HIV is transmitted in adults only by unprotected penetrative genital or ano-genital intercourse or by injection of infected material deep into tissue. it is not transmitted by masturbation (even when partners get each others' genital secretions on one another), by kissing, touching, body rubbing or sucking or licking a partner's body, including a women's breast.  While HIV can be transmitted in newborn children by ingestion of breast milk, this is no longer possible just a few weeks after birth and is no a risk for adults.  thus, as i said, there was no risk to the activites that you have described.  

Let's address your specific questions:

See above.  No risk at all, no matter how much breast milk you might have swallowed.  

2.is this Mouth ulcer is due to ARS ?
No, your exposure was no risk. Mouth ulcers are occur late in HIV, not early.  Even when they occur, most people who have mouth ulcers do not have them due to HIV.

No, there is no medical reason for testing and no need to worry about your child or having unprotected sex with your wife.

I would encourage you to move on.  When one has been in an unusual situation it is not at all unusual to worry.  I hope my comments have helped.

EWH
One more thing I use my hands to masturbate my self, she hasn't touch on my penis at all I did my self straight after touching her breast and other body parts ( with cloths) does this cause anything in point of view of HIV am not sexually active person only with my wife.
Thanks for your valuable comments, I use my hands to masturbate my self, she hasn't touch on my penis at all I did my self straight after touching her breast and other body parts ( with cloths) does this cause anything in point of view of HIV. I believe nothing at all from your answer thank you so much
As I said before, that you used you hads to masturbate, even if you had her breast or genital secretions on them, still poses no risk for infection. there is nothing to worry about.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.