HIV - Prevention Forum

HIV Shingles

Dear Doctor!
First sorry for my english

Im a 33 old male.
Here is my story
2 years ago i had a CSW encounter,i only received protected oral sex from her with a condom.
I was scared of HIV,and did a  HIV test after 12 weeks,the results came back negative.

The second sexuall anconter was 1,5 half years ago with a girl i know(she works in the same company as i) .we had protected vaginal sex,but she performed unprotected oral on me ,and i performed unprotected oral on her.

After 4-6 months i developed a rash on my left buttock red bumps appeared then blisters.the rash lasted (1-2 weeks)
The rash was not evaluated by a doctor because it was mild and i didnt worry much.
Today i noticed some stabbing pain on my buttock again,but no rash and other symptoms,then i searched the internet and everything i found about shingles is linked to HIV.
im really scared now.

Important note:i was diagnosed with HSV over 13 years ago,but never had an outbreak.the test then was made by a swab test for the urethra.
Is it possible that this rash on my buttock was HSV and not shingles?
I can assure you doctor that i always have condom protected sex.But im really scared now,i cant even focus on my job cause this is always on my mind.

Please doctor help me.
Kind regards
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be glad to comment.  I suspect your fears that you have HIV are misplaced.  It is not clear from your description that you have shingles and even if you do, most cases of shingles occur in persons without HIV.  You can be confident that you did not have HIV as of the time that you were tested and found to have a negative HIV test.  Since then, the second encounter you describe was low risk- HIV is present in only 1 in 10,000 American women and there is virtually no risk for HIV from receipt of unprotected oral sex or from condom protected genital sex.  

I have no idea what the rash that occurred on your buttocks might have been but if it has not recurred, I would not worry.  Similarly, pain in your buttocks without a rash is most unlikely to be shingles.  

Finally, can you tell me if your herpes was made from a swab of a rash or lesions or from the inside of your urethra.  It would be most unusual to have a test for HSV performed on a swab taken from the inside of your urethra.

I think you need some answers.  You should see a doctor and if you don't have one, you are of an age when it is appropriate for you to get one.  The doctor can evaluate the pain in your rear end and other concerns.  The likelihood that any of this is related to HIV or any other STI however is quite small and not something to worry about.  EWH
Well are routine std test was done 13 years ago by a Uroligist,he did a swab test from the urethra and later told me that the it was was HSV(there were no blisters no discharge,nothing).i told that to my current Urologist,and he told me too that this is very unusual !He told me that is very hard to diagnose HSV if they are no symtoms(blisters etc)
I make std  routine std checks regulary (chlamydia,gonorrhea ..) and my test are always negative!
Do I need another HIV test doctor,or should I let it go?
And do I need to worry about that shingles incident?
Kind regards
Please doctor answer me I'm really stressed out!i would like to apologise for rushing you,I know you are very busy!
Kind regards!
The Forum is not covered 24/7.  You must be patient, particularly when you are asking repetitive questions.  As I said above, I am confident that you do not have HIV but if another test will help your anxiety, then testing is easy to do.  If you test, I am confident the test will be negative.  

You do not know what the rash in your buttocks was.  If it has ressolved (and that appears to be the case), I would not worry further.  EWH
Thank you doctor for your answer!
You helped me very much!
Im pleased I could help.  Take care. EWH
Dear Doctor!
I just wanted to let you know,that i followed your advice and went for the test.

HIV ag/ab NEG
HBsAG     NEG
Anti-HBs   NEG
Anti-HCV  NEG
Anti-TP (IgG+IgM) NEG

The tests were done in Croatia.
So I guess I can forget now HiV and the worries!
Thank you again
Great, glad i could help. Take care. EWH
Dear Doctor!

Just one quick follow up question that i forgot to ask you,if you dont mind!

What is the risk for HIV if a bare penis touches the outside of a vagina(for about 1-seconds)?

I read on the forum that this is no risk ,and no testing is needed!
Kind regards
I ment to say (1-2 seconds)
HIV is sexually transmitted only through penetrative sexual activity, not through touching.  EWH
Dear doctor just one quick question!
When I did the hiv ag ab test I asked them what generation of test test they use ,and they told  me that this is the newest generation (4th).
I tested 4 months after last exposure and it was negative !
On the internet I read it can take up to 6 months?!
Are those false informations!?
Are my tests conclusive?
Please doctor don't  be angry at me,I'm a anxious person,I hope you will accept my apologies!
I think I will maybe seek some counsulling cause if my anxiety !
Kind regards!
This will be the final answer.  Fourth generation tests for HIV  conclusive results 4 weeks after exposure.  Suggestions that results are not reliable until 6 months are incorrect.

I suggest you stay off the internet.

End of thread.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.