HIV - Prevention Forum

HIV Symptoms and Risk

On March 23rd or 30th 2007 I went to an escort for a "massage". He used olive oil to rub on me and concentrated on my butt crack and anus area. He did not penetrate me with his finger or penis but he was erect and could have had precum on his hands. He gave me felatio. He did not ejaculate. His hands used firm pressure around my anus. My perianal area was a bit sore afterwords while washing with a slight burning sensation. On May 5th I drank and was sick with buring stomach all night. On May 8th I broke out in a rash on the right side of my neck, scalp, forhead and upper back and chest. I also had small red bumps on my wrists - left wrist more than right, on my fingers and hand tops. (These started in a slight way the week prior to the stomach problem and main rash.) On my hand tops I had flat red circular spots. I had a line rash on one arm, one wrist and lower back that looked like scratches. The rash on my hands itched a bit. I had two curved line rashes on both my upper thighs (backs). The rash went away by the 8th or 9th day. I could not drink any alcohol at all without feeling sick. I now have a very mild sore throat - top of palet only. I am not sure if I ever had fever or chills. I bloat when I eat. I am tired but still work. I feel sleepy sometimes. Do my symptoms support a risk for HIV ARS? Prior to the escort I had an earache begin on an airline flight that took forever to clear up. I took antibiotics and chinese herbs. I have never had anal sex or given felatio.  
Your exposure was a zero-risk event for HIV or any other STD.  Hand-to-genital (or hand-to-anal) contact does not transmit HIV.  Your symptoms do not sound like those of HIV.  But in any case, enough time has passed to have a reliable HIV test.  Do it for reassurance.  The results will be negative.  At the same time you visit a health care provider for the test, ask him/her to evaluate your rash and other symptoms.  But don't worry about HIV.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
What about syphilis?  
"Your exposure was a zero-risk event for HIV or any other STD" includes syphilis.  Your symptoms don't suggest syphilis either.
Dr. thank you so much but I failed to give you an important piece of info because I thought it was unimportant but it is not. I did have feverif you count threee nighs of sweat - did not drench the bed but I did take my shirt off and they woke me up. Also I had another episode of sex 2 na half weeks before the rash etc. at a bath house but it was only mutual masterbation, no ejeclate from either but maybe probably precum and the frottage with no ejeaculation from the other man. Has all this changed the picture? Please oh please comment.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.