HIV - Prevention Forum

HIV transmission

Hello Doctor,

2 days before I met a girl in the bar and then later I kissed her.
She was a little drunk and she bit me on my upper lip but inside..
Immediately I withdrew myself and noticed that there was a slight bleeding.
Immediately I sent her off and had no sex with her.
Most likely she did not have any kind of bleeding in her mouth but one cannot be 100% sure...
Am I at a risk of HIV transmission ?

Pls let me know..
R

No risk.  Here is why:

1.  Chances are she was not infected.  Most women are not.
2.  HIV is not transmitted by kissing.  this information comes from studies which included people with sores in their mouths, their partners' mouths, gum disease, bleeding gums, etc.  Despite that, neither of us on this site has EVER seen a case of HIV transmission through oral contact, nor have we read of one reported convincingly in a reputable medical journal.
3.  The mouth (your mouth that is) is a "hostile" place for HIV.  there are enzymes and chemicals present which kill HIV and prevent it from infecting people though this source.

Bottom line, you have nothing to worry about and do not need testing.  EWH
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for ur reply.
Would like to know what are the exact preventive measures one should take for prevention of HIV / STD..?

R
There is no such thing as a no risk partner.  If you are in an ongoing relationship, for both persons to go get checked is a great way to establish trust and have the appropriate conversation.  In more casual situations, condoms are the first line of defense.  In addition, asking partners if they are infected or when they were last checked is also helpful.  EWH
Thanks for ur comments doctor.
Basically I wanted to know that having vaginal sex with a HIV postive woman, and not using a condom, how the HIV wud be transmoitted....is it possible with the vaginal fluids or the blood in the vagina only then ? or any other way ?

Vaaginal secretions do contain HIV.  One does not need blood to be present for transmission of HIV to occur.  On the other hand, intact skin is a great barrier to HIV acquisiton, as are condoms.  EWH
Thanks doctor for ur comments,

1.
Reason I'm asking is bcoz I met a girl recently and initially during touching and
kissing, I had the condom on but it slipped out and I realised
that my penis touched the vagina of the girl.This was before I had sex with her and
before ejaculation.
Later I changed the condom and was properly intact and had vaginal sex with the girl.
Am I at risk of HIV transmission ?

2.
The second thing I wud like to ask is that a couple of times every week
I have vaginal sex with girls and prostitues and sometimes have kissing with them.
Is basicaly kissing and vaginal sex with them.
Always always I have used condom and also whenever I had sex with my ex-GF aswell
have used the condom.
Am I at risk of HIV transmission ?

3.I'm not very clear still the path for the HIV transmission when having vaginal sex with a HIV positive woman, is it when the semen of the man touches the "mucous membrane" of the woman, which is inside the vagina ??

R
These seem to be different questions from the one you initially asked.  You should deal with only one problem at a time on this forum.  If you have new questions you should start a new thread, realizing that you are only allowed two new questions/threads in a six month period.  To answer these new qwestions briefly:.  

1.  No risk here.
2.  Kissing is no risk and condoms work. The exposures you describe are safe.
3. I do not understand question 3.  HIV transmission occurs when the HIV virus enters a persons body. There are many ways HIV can be transmitted by sex.

No further questions please.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.