HIV - Prevention Forum

HIV

hey dr. H about 13 weeks ago i had protected vaginal sex with a girl and unprotected oral sex 6 weeks after that encounter i felt the following symptoms headache, fever, vomiting, soar throat, night sweats, itchiness throughout the body and a rash that looks like acne on my back so i went to the dr imedeatley and he gave me ciproflaxin and other antibiotics to kill the virus that he said i had after going to the doc i looked up my symptoms online and saw that i could maybe be hiv so by the 11th week i went and took a rapid oral test at the clinic here it came out to be negative but what has me worried is a false negative do you think the medication i took can take away the antibodies or is my negative result conclusive or should i get tested again with another hiv test are the rapid oral test accurate thank you dr. H
This question should have been in the HIV Prevention forum.

The test result proves that you didn't catch HIV and your symptoms are due to something else and it is conclusive.  Negative rapid tests are just as reliable as laboratory-based tests.  Ciprofloxacin and other antibiotics do not interfere with HIV testing.  You do not need any additional testing.

Regards--  HHH, MD
i know i messed up with the forum im new to this thanks alot dr H i was just worried when they say to take and hiv 12 weeks after exposure is that after symptoms or after the sexual encounter
hey just to make sure its been 3 months since my sexual encounter and i got tested again through the rapid testing it came out negative but they told me at the clinic to test again at 6 months
They are being unusually and unnecessarily conservative.  You did not need testing at all in this situation.  This doesn't change my opinion or advice.
what about stds  do you think i could be at risk for syphilis only oral sex was unprotected and i never saw a chancre on my penis by could the symptoms that i have be secondary syphilis

headache, night sweats, fever, sore throat, back pain, itchiness all over my body was located most on my feet, elbow rash, and back rash that looks like acne

thank you dr. HHH
and vomitng to lost about 10 lbs during this virus
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.