I have been readinging this forum for a while now and after reading many posts I still feel my situation is slightly unique. So here it is...
I am a 22 year old male living in New York City, I just moved here a month and a half ago. I am in good health and rarely get sick, I have no got sick in 5 years.
Anyways, exactly 25 days ago I had protected sex with a prostitute. She was also 22 years old and informed me that she had been doing this for 2 years now. She seemed very clean and well kept. About 2 hours before she arrived I took a shower and shaved my pubic area because I thought it was unattractive, ha ha. I was extremely careful and 95% certain I did not cut myself shaving. If I did cut myself, it was not enough for me to notice it. I was extremely nervous when this occurred so not a whole lot happened. The only thing we did was have sex, and I was wearing a condom. We had sex for about 3 minutes before we stopped. She was on top the whole time. I'm teling you that is because her fluids could have ran down my genital area, as gross as that sounds. After we stopped, I turned over and she gave me a massage and I did not take the condom off for about 30 minutes. She then left and I took the condom off and disposed of it. Before I threw the condom away I filled it up with water to see if there were any holes and there weren't.
About 10 days after the incident I woke up with a really sore throat and my uvula was huge. Then about 16 days or so after the incident I started to get a cough. It was very strange because I did not feel bad at all, no fever, no allergies, nothing, just started to get a cough. The weirdest part of it is that I only get the cough in the afternoon around 1 or 2. In the morning and in the evening I have no cough at all. I still have the cough too (9 days later). Yet I feel good enough to go home and work out.
So these are my questions:
1. When you shave, especially sensitive skin around your genitals, doesn't it naturally tear up your skin? Maybe even the first few layers? Is that enough to get HIV from vaginal fluids?
2. If I cut myself, it would have had to been a very small cut that did not bleed long. Can HIV be transferred through a small cut that is not open and not bleeding, from vaginal fluids?
3. I can't remember the last time I got a cough, let alone a cough that only comes in the afternoon and sticks around for 9 days. Not to mention the timiing of the cough is inline with HIV. Does this sound more inline with a cough that is caused by HIV?
4. The far back part of my tongue is whiter than the front of my tongue, and I kind of got cotton mouth with white saliva today, is this a symptom of early HIV?
5. I know this is a question you get asked a million times, what do you think my chances are of having HIV?
6. I also got tested today (25 days after the incident) I will get the results tomorrow. If it comes back negative can I assume I don't have HIV?
Thank you for your time and help.