HIV - Prevention Forum

Help - NY Elisa Testing and Possible Symptoms?

Possible exposure (protected but drunk) during last week December to first week January 2010 (by 10th?).  Oral swab test on 1/29/10 in NYC clinic was negative.  Subsequent NYC Elisa testing with my doctor on 2/2 (Neg on all STD's, HIV, Hep), 2/16 (Neg on HIV), 3/2 (Neg on all STD's, HIV, Hep).  Will see Doc on 3/9 but test then or when?? I like others I have read about have a high degree of anxiety and have had possible symptoms including, some sleep problems, stiff necks, slight arm-neck-groin lymph feelings, (2) early Feb night sweats, late Feb early Mar slight thin line neck rash & extremely slight face blemmish (.5"x1") at existing rosacea location under eye, a day of bright red faced (exacerbated rosacea?) on 3/1 above eyebrows, an zit-like left eyebrow growth that lasted 3 days, blurred vision for 2 weeks now, some constipation, a tiny tongue sore yesterday and today.  Question is what are the current standards for NYC Elisa testing and when should I schedule another test? Do any of my symptoms look to be HIV-STD-HEP related?? Could combined HIV-STD-HEP delay Seroconversion?  I really appreciate the advice that this board gives.
Welcome to our Forum  It is time for you to stop testing.  The test results you have provide strong evidence that you did not get HIV from the exposure(s) that you describe.  The ELISA assays used by the NY City Department of Health, as well as commercial labs in the area are highly reliable and provide reliable evidence of infection in virtually all who acquire HIV at 8 weeks following exposure.  You are there.  No need for further testing.  Believe the results you have.

There is no evidence that you have anything.  Thus your questions about combined Hepatitis-HIV-STD are off target. Even if you had hepatitis or another STD, it would not delay HIV seroconversion, had you acquired it.  

That bring us to your symptoms.  They are due to something else.   In the face of your test results, they are not due to HIV.  

I hope these comments are helpful to you.  Take care.   EWH
From my above question, protected but condom was probably on and off as I was drunk and she was in control of matters.  It was with a sex worker and in addition, my herpes did flair on my penis the following day, which I think was due to the alcohol intensity which has happened before.  Finally, is it possible for STD's, HIV, HEP to survive in the pubic hair / mound overnight and risk possible further transmission? Sorry but I am in need of oppinion / advice and hopefully assurance.  
Thanks for the encouraging oppinion.  And my thanks to others who have offered their oppinions as well.  Does anyone have an oppinion about HIV - HEP survival overnight in the pubic area and possible transmission in that manner?
There is no need for an opinion.  The fact is that this would not lead to tranmission of infection, period.  EWH
Thanks for the good news again on the possibility of transmission by me to another from my pubic mound. Yeah my PCP said the same thing this morning when I opted for my "overly definitive" fourth test (which the results of this coming Monday would have put the possible infection incident date at around 61 days ago).  I opted for the fourth set of tests because of other STD-HEP window periods and because the math on my initial e-mail and your 8 week statement were a little too close for me.  And also because my journey is not without symptom (my tongue has a sore on the tip)   So from about Jan 10 to Mar 12 is 61 days is 81/2 weeks which I think will finally offer me "mental" conclusion to this chapter.  Posting my decision to go for another complete set of testing for STD-HIV-HEP is part of "me" trying to conclude this for "me" so thanks for tolerating and staying with me.  
Seem to have continued symptoms of something into my Monday test results.  So my neck rash? was exacerbated by shaving yesterday around 1PM and finally subsided by bedtime last night with very few noticeable raised dark rash / pimple type bumps present. This morning I have a slightly raised welt about 1CM round near the lobe of my left ear along my jaw line.  The area around the spot is red but the welt is lighter / whitish.  I would say its a bug bit of some sorts normally but under the mental condition / anxiety I of course look at everything with more scrutiny.  I also have a white head developing on my chest of decent size that I decided not to mess with as I normally would.  I do have a slight headache above my eyes and my rosacea seems to again be exacerbated above my eyebrows.  Finally, damn if I don't seem to notice more under the skin dark spots (appear to be moles) on my torso / arms / legs.  Anxiety is extremely rampant at this point and its taking quite a bit for me to enjoy the day.  I'm hoping tomorrows news puts an end to this chapter.  Responses are more than welcome
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.