HIV - Prevention Forum

Hiv acute rash?!

Dear doctor!

I am a 33 year old female from Sweden. I am in a relationship with a 22 year old male, swedish as well. We only practice safe sex because I want him to get tested before we start having unproctected sex and because this releationship started only month ago. However I do not suspect that he has Hiv but I got very anxious when I discovered this strange rash I have. It came in the morning and you could see it very clear on the upper abdomen, under my breasts and on the sides, where ribs are and between my breast. I got white pimples as well on upper chest that I coul squeeze.Than it vanished. At the evening it showed up again. At he morning it calmed down and I couldn´t see almost anything left of it but it came back again at the evening. It gets better and suddenly it gets worse, becuse redness and spots get very intense in color and they increase in the amount. The rash is red, no bumps,theylook like very small spots, under the skin,close to each other. They are not itchy and it does not hurt as well.
I don´t have fever or any other symptoms. Is this a sign of acute infection and should I get tested.? I am in panic and don´t now what to do. Please tell me what to do!
Welcome to our Forum. Please do not panic, this sounds nothing like the rash or recently acquire HIV.  When people get the acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) they do not have an isolated rash. Rather the symptoms include fever, muscle aches, sore throat and diarrhea.  People feel quite sick.

The sort of rash you describe can have many causes including other, non-HIV, non-STD viral illnesses of the sort most people get every year, medication reactions,  dermatological conditions and many other causes.  

I would not worry and see no reason to test from what you have described.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.