Night of fun causes worries

Hello Doctor I need some advice.

I am healthy 35 year old male of East Indian origin. Early last week I went to a strip club for a bachelor party in Atlanta. One thing led to another and I ended up having a close encounter with a stripper. I used my fingers to masturbate her i.e. rubbed her clitoris and inserted my fingers in her vagina. In the next minute or two I touched the head of my penis. I then went back to stimulating her vagina and then couple minutes later touched my tongue with the same finger. On both occasions my finger probably had fluid secretions from her vagina.

This weekend I developed a mild stomach ache and I feel like going to the toilet all the time – I end up going 3-4 times a day, but the stool is solid. The stomach ache is still there and today is Monday.

What are the chances of my getting any STDs including HIV? Do I need to get tested, if yes when?

-Thanks
Worried Andrew
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the HIV Prevention Forum.  STDs, including HIV are not spread by masturbation or by transfer on a person's hands from one persons genitals to another person.  Thus the activities you describe did not put you at risk and do not require testing.  

It is not at all uncommon to have regrets after the fact related to the activities that occur commonly following encounters in strip clubs or, for  that matter, following sexual encounters of any sort that people wish they had not taken part in.  The consequences of such activities then commonly lead to one of two sorts of reactions- anxiety or a tendency to examine themselves and be far more attuned to genital sensations than in periods when they are not concerned.  This in turn leads to noticing what turn out to be normal sensations that might have been not noticed or ignored at other times.   My suspicion is that your stomach ache and increase frequency of trips to the toilet are a reflection of this.  

Your exposure did not put you at risk and there is no medical need for testing.  I hope you find my comments reassuring. Take care.  EWH
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your comments and reassurance. I wont panic and wont get myself tested.

As for the stomach ache and my runs to the bathroom: my symptoms havent changed, still going to the toilet several times a day. Even when I am done with my toilet I feel like I have to go again. Stools are now little runny.

Do I need to see my family physician for this? Do I need to tell him anything about my incident at the strip club - i.e. does that have any bearing on how he may treat me?

Andrew
Helpful - 0
If these symptoms are causing you difficluty, I would suggest you see your regular doctor.  You do not need to discuss your visit to the strip club.  EWH
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.