HIV - Prevention Forum

Risk Assessment

Hi, I am a 22 year old male. I recently visited Thailand and had protected sex with a CSW of unknown status on 3rd June.
The establishment where she works insist on using condoms and provide it free themselves.
There was no ejaculation during the vaginal sex.
After the vaginal sex she removed the condom from my penis and with same unwashed hands she continued to masturbate me. There may have been some of her vaginal fluids on her hands when she touched my urethra.
I didn't clean the base of my penis either where there might have been some vaginal fluid.
And then she proceeded to give me an unprotected oral sex. I don't know if this information is necessary or not but I am uncastrated.
After the whole act I took a shower and cleaned myself.

After 5 days of the act, I noticed a single pea sized lump behind my left nipple. My GP diagonsed it as Gynaecomastia due to harmonal imbalance.
Since then I have had pain and sensation in my armpits and sometimes chest area. The pain comes and goes.
I went to the doctor and he didn't notice any swollen lymph nodes in the armpit area.

1. Are these syptoms related to HIV in anyway?
2. What are my risk of contracting HIV?
3. Do I need to get tested?

Thank You in adveance for your help and time.
With best regards
Ajar_2009
Your risk of HIV from the exposure you describe is zero.  Condom protected sex is safe sex.  So is masturbation. That you may have gotten some of her vaginal secretions of you during the course of these activities does not change the risk.  IN fact, it is totally normal for people to get secretions from each other on themselves and their partner during the course of masturbation yet no one has ever gotten HIV in this way.

I would also add that it is unlikely that your partner had HIV. Even though  commercial sex workers have higher than average rates of HIV and other STDs, most are not infected and most exposures to infected partners do not lead to infection.  When you add this to the precautions you took you have nothing to worry about.

Finally, with regard to your symptoms. they are not at all suggestive of HIV.

You do not need to worry and do not need testing.  I hope these comments are helpful to you.  EWH
Thanks a lot Doctor. You have taken an unnecessary but a heavy burden off my mind!!

Thanks again for your time and valuable opinion.
Regards
Ajar_2009
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.