Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV - Prevention Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Risk of HIV Exposure

So I was a my best friends bachelor party in Las Vegas last week, as so many of these stories go. We, of course, went to a strip club (it was my first time) and I disappered to the back for a lap dance.

The stripper tore off my shirt and rubbed her breasts against me. She also licked and bit my nipples. My concern was that her tongue left saliva on my nipple where I tend to have cracked skin from eczema and I don't recall it being scabbed over, it was dark and I'm not sure. I may have scratched it through the course of this evening leaving it vulnerable.

My concern is the likelihood of contraction of HIV. Do these strippers take care of themselves? Or am I just irrational thinking she may have it?

My girlfriend at home doesn't know and I don't want to resume sex with her until I feel secure that I haven't contracted anything. My body feels fine though.

Am I at a low risk?

Thanks for calming my fears.
1 Responses
300980 tn?1194929400
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You really have nothing to worry about.  Before we even begin to address (and discount) the risks, if she had HIV, please realize the vast majority of strippers, even if they are also commercial sex workers, do not have HIV.  Now, on to the risks.

Then encounter you describe can be distilled into being rubbed by her breasts which, obviously is no risk at all, and the fact that she kissed (perhaps roughly) your nipples where you tend to have an eczematous rash.  This too is no risk, even with the possibility of cracked skin due to eczema.  Even in the very rare circumstance that she had HIV, the amount of HIV present in saliva is very, very low and the probability of it getting from her saliva to enter your body and cause infection is likewise miniscule.  

You have nothing to worry about.  You have no reason for concern, medical reason for testing based on this exposure, and need not worry about contact with your GF.

Hope this helps. EWH
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.