HIV - Prevention Forum

Symptoms and Risk

Hello Docs,
I visit massage parlors regularly and they provide hand jobs and sometime nipple kissing. I do not get full service or touch their private area.

Last time I visited a sex worker on Aug 4th. We didn't have penetrational sex. We touched each other. She slicked my ear and I kissed her back. We didn't touch each other's genital area. She used a vibrator on herself and I released on the floor.

3 days later (Aug 7) I start having these symptoms:
- dry eyes, skins
- nausea
- difficulty swallowing
- headache
- soft stool (type 5)
- tight muscle, muscle pain

9 days later (Aug 13) I start having these symptoms:
- hot flashes
- sleepless and hot flashes(but no sweat)
- itchy skin and small pinpoint hives (2-3 at a time). hives go away in a few hours.

11 days (Aug 15) I took HIV test and these are the result
Test Value Range Result
HIV-1 Antibody <1.00 <1.00 Negative
HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual Non Reactive Non Reactive Negative
HIV-1 DNA Negative - Negative

13 days (Aug 17) visited my family doctor and he checked the followings (I didn't tell him HIV)
no fever, no sore throat, no enlarged thyroid.
He said no major problem but he told me to test TSH w/ T4 to ensure.

21 days (Aug 25)
I am planning to get another HIV DNA test according to stdtestexpress.com 21 day window and they use Lapcorp.

Question:
(1) Can I catch HIV from the enviroment, example: stepped on body fluid and HIV entered body via athlete's foot wound or from the sex worker's vinyl bed?

(2) is Lapcorp HIV-1 DNA accurate? what's the false negative % on 11 days?

(3) Please kindly explain the tests that I took.

(4) if I don't have HIV, why am I not feeling well?

(5) when and which test should I take next? I will leave country and must test by Aug 31 (27 days)

(6) What is the chance of HIV-2 in NYC? No many places in NYC offers HIV-2 DNA test.

(7) is it easy to transmit HIV to wife and a infant?

Thanks,
nyc

Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be glad to try to address your questions.  Before I do however, let me tell you that the exposures/activities you describe have NO risk for HIV. HIV is ONLY transmitted to adults through penetrative genital or ano-genital sex or through injection of material containing the virus deep into tissue.  

(1) Can I catch HIV from the environment, example: stepped on body fluid and HIV entered body via athlete's foot wound or from the sex worker's vinyl bed?
Absolutely not.  HIV does not survive in the environment and is not transmitted in this way.  

No one knows, this is the reason the PCR tests are not recommended for HIV diagnosis.  You however do not need testing so the accuracy of the test is irrelevant.  

Sorry, this question is beyond the scope of this Forum. Briefly, you were tested for HIV antibodies (the recommended test for HIV diagnosis) and for the virus (in the form or HIV DNA) by the PCR test.

I have no idea.  This is a question for you to work through with your doctor, not to be answered through an on-line exchange.  HIV is not a concern related to the activities you have described however.  

You do not need testing.  There is no risk for HIV.

Very, very low and as I said before, there is no risk form the exposures you describe

You should not be concerned. There is not risk.  I told you how HIV is transmitted above.

I hope this helps. Take care. There is no reason to worry about HIV.
EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.