Welcome to the Forum. In newborn infants HIV can be transmitted by ingestion of breast milk however this is not a concern in adults. In babies the lining of the stomach is different with less stomach acid and other chemicals which kill HIV. As a result, in the first few weeks after birth, a baby can become infected from swallowing an infected person breast milk. On the other hand, in adults this is not a problem. The lining of the mouth and stomach, as well as the enzymes and other chemicals which help to digest food in adults kill HIV. thus there was no risk for ingestion of a woman's breast milk, IF she was infected.
Ingestion of stored breast milk would not have live virus in it. The HIV virus dies very quickly once outside the body, thus if the breast milk were put in a bottle and stored it would not survive.
I hope you find my comments helpful. EWH
Thanks for your quick reply. Just wanted to know if sores in mouth would matter. I do have some canker sores and also it is not always possible to know whether the sores are bleeding or not. Would that be an issue?
Also.. Storing breast milk in a bottle is no different for an adult because the enzymes of mouth / stomach would kill the virus anyway.. Am i correct please?
Sore in the mouth would not change my opinion or advice. The virus would die while breast milk was stored. EWH