HIV - Prevention Forum

question about hiv

i had unsafe sex about 11 or 12 years ago , and im scared to be tested for HIV . havent had any seriouse problems at all , i had a rash on my elbow once but my dermatoligist said that its an allergy to a new soup i started using recently he gave me acream and the rash was gone 2 days later . is it possible that i by any chance caught the virus and stayed asymptomatic all this time ?
You provide no details about your exposure except that it was "un safe", whatever that means.  Irrespective, your risk of HIV is very, very low, even without testing BUT, if you are still worried about the possibility of HIV, you should get tested so you can get peace of mind.  

Please get over your fear of HIV testing.  Testing does not give a person HIV but it does give them the power to know what is going on and whether or not they have the infection.  Most (over 99%) tests are negative and if you were so unfortunate as to have HIV, the test would allow you to seek life prolonging treatment sooner.  There is no reason to delay or avoid HIV testing.

I am confident that your test will be negative.  Please prove it to yourself.  EWH
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.