HIV - Prevention Forum

risk?

Doc,
I recieved protected oral from an HIV+ partner  for about 10 seconds and then she gave me an hj (could possibly have a number of other stds). A week or so later i noticed i had to go to the bathroom more often than normal without burning, itching or discharge upon urination. My dad is a doc and did a urinalysis which showed i had a small amount of white cells in my urine (couldnt tell him i was worried about stds). Is this most likely nothing? Is it my anxiety that is causing this symptom? i know my odds of getting hiv are low but if got some sort of bacterial infection from her, how greatly increased are my odds for getting hiv?
Thank you
Anxiety does not cause increase white blood cells in the urine.  Your symptom, combined with the increased WBCs suggest NGU.  You should have this evaluated and, if it is present, treated.

As for HIV risk, if you got NGU that may slightly increase your risk for getting HIV but an increase from effectively zero is still effectively zero.  Your risk remains very, very low.  There is little if any medical reason for testing but if it would give you peace of mind, then get an HIV test at 6-8 weeks following your exposure.  When the result is negative for HIV you can be sure you did not get HIV from receipt of oral sex.  EWH
He said that there were barely enough wbcs to indicate an infection, could this still be an indicator of NGU?
I mean, he said there were not enough wbcs to indicate infection.
I would still be concerned about NGU,  EWH
Thanks Doc
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.