unprotected vaginal sex with a male friend dec 13th-14th of 2012. 4 times total.all 3 events he ejaculated inside me. i am female.i had my period at that time & was bleeding heavily.ive known him for years & said he got tested last year 2012 & he is clean,but i am aware he had sex with other people after he got tested.he lives in another state.jan 12th, 2013 (29th day after exposure,there were two small swollen salivary glands that disappeared after 5-6 days) my GP said those were just salivary glands but i was worried lymph nodes. jan 14th (31 days) hiv duo test architect abbott -negative.but i am still worried because my right wrist started to hurt 5 days after the test wrist was achy for 3 weeks from maybe the 6th to 8th week.it was consistent on my right wrist so im not sure if i may have injured my wrist or if it was due to HIV.my temperature was 99 degrees that same day when i had my test, the nurse at the clinic took my temperature & said it was 99 degrees.aside from that day no fever that i know of,no rash,no sore throat. i am still very worried because of the 3 month guideline.i have a husband & committed the biggest mistake of my life that i truly regret. i have not been intimate wirth my husband since the event, i dont want to infect my husband. my husband had itchy rash on his lower right leg and inner part of his right arm around feb 15-16 that lasted for maybe 10 days, he said they were poison ivy because he's been working in our yard those days,he used calamine lotion & rash started to go away. like i said i have not have sex with my husband since exposure until today. i just stopped taking birth control pills jan 12th was last pill, i would have mild night sweat maybe once a week, not drench my bed sheets or clothes just a little damp on my collar. i would have achy joints and muscle every now & then. pls help me doctor.is my duo test at 31days conclusive? is it safe to resume intimacy with my husband.
thank you doctors
Welcome to the Forum. I'll try to help. It's clear from your post that you are feeling guilty and sad as a result of the encounter in December that you describe. Please do not allow you to worry about HIV however, you do not have it. Your DUO test proves that you did not get HIV and you can be confident in the results. The DUO tests are definitive at 28 days.
Please do not worry that the symptoms you have had, including your wrist discomfort is due to HIV- it is not. Had it been, your DUO test would have been positive. When symptoms and test results disagree, the tests are always right.
You need not worry about infecting your husband- you can be sure that you do not have HIV. Thus there is also no reason to worry about intimacy with your husband. EWH
thank you so much doctor for helping scared and worried people like me.
do i need further testing? i plan on doing the oraquick oral fluid test in the 90th day which is next week march 14th. i am very worried about mild night sweats and my achy wrist that lasted for 3 weeks ( 6th to 8th week) that occured 5 days after i took my Duo test.
this will be my last questions doctor. again thank you so much.
i'm sorry that i keep repeating my question but your answer would really help me. i am still very scare.
i took my 12 weeks (84 days) and 89 days oraquick oral fluid test and both came back negative. i also had a negative duo abbot architect test at 31 days which came back negative. i have read recently here on medhelp that oral fluid tests take longer to detect antibodies. are my 84 and 89 days oral fluid tests conclusive? do i need further testing?
i had a dry mouth yesterday and it scared me again.
pls help me...this would really be my last question.
You need to stop repeating your questions. The answer will not change. Einstein said that one definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing repeatedly and expect different results. You did not get HIV from the exposure you have described. Your symptoms are not due to HIV.
Further repetitive questions will be deleted without coment, EWH
i'm really sorry for bothering you with the same question but it scared me again because my husband developed a bad cold runny nose 5 days ago, it's been 5 days now and he still has a cold but it looks like it's getting better. again, i have not been intimate with my husband for the fear that i may have hiv and will infect him. but i fear i may infect him if ever i have hiv because i prepare his food and we still hug and kiss - though we have not been intimate. it's been 98 days since possible exposure and i have been having chest pain and aches and pains on my heels especially in the morning - so i went ahead and get another duo test today but result will not be in until maybe tuesday next week. what are chances that i will get a negative confirmation result? i am afraid that it may be positive.
thank you so much Dr Hook i promise this will be my last question. i hope you understand. i'm really just worrying about my husband developing a bad cold.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.