HIV, Living With Community

2 months baby PCR result

I am a HIV +ve women. I was pregnant. Doctor advised that taking zidovidine in the last month of pregnancy , CSection, avoid breast feeding & taking Zidovir orally for the new born baby for 6 weeks will help to avoid transmission of HIV to child. So I convinced for the same & we did it.

But now my 2 months baby is DETECTED in HIV DNA PCR test. Pleas help me how to save my child?
Your baby will be more than likely test positive up to 15 months and you should have been advised of it.
In following the same basic scenario.  My wife and I are going to adopt a HIV - newborn baby.  Obvsiously we will not be breastfeeding.  What precatiouns should be taken to prevent environmental transmission of HIV to our baby.
HIV is not transmitted via the environment.

This is a forum for individuals who are HIV positive or have AIDS to connect and support each other. You have anymore question take it to HIV Prevention Forum.

These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.