HIV, Living With Community

Food and ART

I am a HIV positive person with undetectable viral load. I want to ask whether I can take  ARV drugs or not about 30 minutes before and after meals.
I would call your pharmacist or doctor for questions about your medication, because they have all the data at their fingertips.
It's my understanding that you are actually supposed to take the anti virals for HIV on an empty stomach.  There is supposed to be a 2 hour gap between eating.  So, often recommended before bed.  
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.