HIV, Living With Community

HIV False Positive Probability

After several years of severe tooth and gum infections, I began having the problems with my teeth corrected.  After having an infected tooth removed (my dentist DID NOT prescribe antibiotics before or after the procedure) a lymph node in my neck swelled on the side near the extracted tooth.  I made a Dr. (not dentist) appointment fearing that this was a tumor or something and the Dr. prescribed amoxicillin and lab tests, including HIV test (Believe it or not, it didn't occur to me to tell him I had a tooth extracted).  I finished taking the antibiotics and the swollen node had nearly disappeared.  About a week or so later I went to the lab for the tests.  Within just a couple hours after going to the lab, a tooth on the opposite side had become infected to the point that my jaw swelled massively and I had to return to my dentist the next morning for antibiotics to decrease swelling and fight the infection before the extraction of that tooth.  When that tooth was removed the lymph nodes on that side of my neck became swollen the same as before and decreased, as before, with the use of antibiotics.  The HIV screening came back positive as well as the Western Blot.  A month or so prior to this I had my regularly scheduled HIV test come back with a negative result and 3 months prior to that one I had a negative test.  I had not taken part in what would be considered high risk activities since the negative tests.  I have not talked to the Doc that ordered the tests, as his office referred me to an infectious disease specialist.  I think I want to have another screening test done before I go see the I.D. doc but I'm scared to death and trying to come to terms with all this.  The fact that I can't really point to exposure and that my prior sex partners are testing neg, coupled with the lack of additional symptoms leads me to believe that there is possibly some type of false result.  I should note that I did experience "night sweats" to some degree, but only while my teeth were severly infected.  The CBC done at the same time as the HIV test showed everything within range of where it should be.  My teeth were in very bad shape and I could literally taste the bacteria from the badly decayed tooth that caused the swelling in my jaw on the day of my test..  Also, I began having trouble with my ears, pressure and general discomfort, while I was testing negative and well before the positive HIV test, which has since subsided as the infections in my teeth have ceased.  Also, I generally feel great aside from the depression, denial and hopelessness... Could there be any possibility that my system reacting to the severe infection in my head/teeth have caused the test to falsely identify hiv antibodies?  Any info anyone could provide would be great.  Thank you in advance.  
Also, possibly of importance, I was taking an awful lot of ibuprofen at the time... 3 - 200mg over the counter tablets every 4 hours to deal with the painful tooth infections.  

I apologize if my outline of the situation is insufficient.  I've been as detailed and honest as possbile.  Apparently it doesn't meet the approval of the first poster, but it is the situation I am in.  To Teak, thanks for nothing; if I wanted more negativity about this situation I certainly wouldn't need you to provide it.
bro ur indenial jst accept ur hiv status. I did and i cudnt b heppier. My husband is hiv negative though we hv been intimate 4 2 years
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.