Immunity to HIV?

I am positive. My gf of 5 yrs negative. She thinks some Nordic descendants are immune to HIV. I disagree. Any thoughts?
You're correct.
Thank you for answering
Teak am I in the right place now? This guy sounds just like me. What is the answer? Why dont our woman test positive when we do?
Because they never got infected. It's not hard to understand. Be thankful and start using condoms before you do infect her.
Your answer is very unsatisfactory. I can almost see you already gathering the tar and feathers because my case brings doubt to the whole Hiv/Aids hypothesis. Either I am negative but something in my body is telling the instrument Im positive or my ex is positive but cannot be picked up as such. What I am saying is that we need more research into how testing is done. I am convinced that some people are getting the death sentence when they are not guilty. Can the CDC answer my question? Will they even be prepared to investigate my case?
We don't deal with denialists.
I'm not a denialist. I am hiv positive and I am worried about my health as much as anybody else who is hiv positive. I do not deny that Aids exists.
I have lost personal friends to Aids related illnesses and I have two young daughters who may be at risk if the tests are not picking them up as positive. (Hence my questioning the validity of the tests in the first place) All I am saying is that as far as I know, I have an unusual case, and I am not satisfied with the answer that if I had continued having unprotected sex with my ex wife that she would have eventually become positive. Maybe she is already. Maybe my children are. But they KEEP TESTING NEGATIVE! Surely someone, somewhere would be interested to know why.

Last November my 6 year old got shingles. We all panicked thinking it was Aids related. The Hiv tests came back negative. She had Chicken Pox when she was about 11 months old and the virus just reactivated. But WHAT IF she is Hiv positive? (I just asked what if I am negative because its the other side of the same coin)

I am going mad thinking about this. Is there anyone, just one person who is willing to look at this a little deeper?

Seek professional mental help.
Cmon Teak. Lol! I'm not going to pursue this any longer here, but you know, that is what they said to Galileo.  Anyway, I am starting on Atripla next week, so see, I am not a denialist. But you cannot deny that for someone to remain negative after sleeping with an Hiv infected person for YEARS is a little out of the ordinary. In fact I would say rather too out of the ordinary and warrants a little investigation.
No it is not out of the ordinary and it happens quite often. It's call very lucky.
Wow thats incredible! So are you saying that we know everything there is to know about hiv/aids? Are you saying that there is not even the remotest chance that we may have missed something? I am living with hiv and have two other lives to look after and you think this is a game of chance. I cannot even express my disappointment at your blase' attitude to my question. I just cannot comprehend how repeated sexual intimacy with an hiv positive person over many years and yet remaining negative can be just written off as "lucky".
Bud get a life or continue to waste your life away foolishly.
Hey Teak lol man I do need to get a life. Spent the whole day on the net. Any thoughts on CCR5 delta 32?
Oh and I see this goes back to the original question regarding Nordic immunity. Look I accept that I am Hiv positive and that the jury is still probably out on this "mutant receptor". For my part I will continue using protection, take my medication and live a healthy lifestyle. Thank you anyway. But be warned, I might bug you again with more "foolish" questions! Lol!
it is called CCR5 it is a mutation in dna that prevents the virus from attatching there is alot of research going on to use it as a cure your gf might be right and she might have the mutation she can always go and get tested they do sell test for it online but as i know from personal experience most of the stuff you can get online is not always what it claims http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCR5

You are reading content posted in the HIV, Living With Community

These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.