HIV, Living With Community

Rash

I have been HIV positive for over 5 years and have been taking ARVs (Efavirenz and Truvada combo) for 5 years. The worst problems I have experienced were inflamation and blockage of my Eustachian tube. However, as the ARVs started to work and my CD4 count reached 500 and my viral load was undetectable, I started experiencing a rash which has last years. I experience much of it on my chest such that all my chest hair is gone. I get some on my lower arm, neck, chest and little bit on the face. The rash itches a lot and often develops after a bump, which I scratch resulting in the exposure. The bumps are bigger than pimples. I have shown it to my doctor twice and he seems to think it is nothing. It is unsitely and since I play sports, it is uncomfortable when I am with the guys showering after golf. However, no one seems to have made assumptions about it and so no reaction to it from my friend. I am overweight and I have been trying to lose weight (which I gained as a mistaken reaction to my HIV infection that eating more will help), I have reduced my sugar intake. I am generally healthy and hardly ever sick, and if it is a diet issue, it would be great relief. I look forward to your response

Len
Have you consulted with a dermatologist?
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.