HIV, Living With Community

Situation in India

The general opinion of 3 doctors (all MD albeit not especially renowned) here in Bombay I spoke with have low expectations of HIV prognosis and one told me that "days are numbered". What is the reason for this? Are the latest treatments not available in India, for whatever price? Also when should treatment ideally be started and what is the average lifespan of a person when treatment is started. What if treatment is started at the last stages, at the onset of AIDS? And finally, is there any cure in sight?
This is a forum for individuals who are HIV positive or have AIDS to connect and support each other. Do Not Post in this forum.
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.