HIV, Living With Community

hiv positive test result

Researching found out that there are many factors that may lead to a false-positive hiv test result. I just tested positive, I always have had protected sex, but was under risk few months ago when a condom broke and a guy finished in me, Im gay.  I havent developed any of hiv symptoms, I know I dont have to necesary have symptoms.  But I have many of the conditions that are listed to be possible causes of a false result. At the moment of the test: I did test positive for syphilis, neg for the rest of the stds, but at the time of the test I had a strong viral infection and/or rectal infection non from sexual transmition, plus I was under anabolic steroids and I abused of the use of poppers(almost daily), used them for self sexual stimulation but havent enrolled in sexual activities since that last exposure, plus I had two hair transplants (last one only 9 months before the test), tested hiv-neg at that moment. So since I find out that all of those conditions were listed to be possible causes of false-positives and I had too many of them at the moment of the test, How big is the possibility that my test is a false result caused by those other conditions?
it sounds like a possibility. did you discuss this with your testing firm upon the verification of your positive. where are you from/get tested?
I heard that 50% of positive HIV tests are false positives.  
I wish that your test postive is fault postive. God Bless You.
Not a doc, but from what I understand false positives are very very rare.  Why don't you talk this over with a health care provider rather than on this forum?
Wishing you a healthy life. One positive ELISA is not final and needs a confirmation by WB. So don't leave hope and keep your fingers crossed.

What I say, condoms are 100% safe, "IF" they do not fail. This big IF definitely carries a big risk. Since protection is the only cure against HIV, until medical science comes up with a perfect treatment,  its our own choice, how we protect ourselves, and how close we go to the killer virus, few microns in between or  several feet, knowing that the virus can't fly or jump but can make its way through a torn latex, no matter how low the possibility is, but the possibility is there, may be 1 in 20,000 or even lower.  

Once again wishing you a very happy and healthy life with a strong hope that you will get your confirmatory result "negative"
God im so sacred again. i too tested positive for syphilis and negative for hiv 6 weeks after a condom broke while having sex with a female friend. i received treatment for syphilis and tested again for hiv at 13 and 15 weeks respectively, both results returned negative. the female my incident occured with also got tested at 10 weeks and both her syphilis and hiv results returned nagative. now this story just worsens the fear in me. i cant help but wonder if both our results were wrong, hers at 10 weeks and mine at 6, 13 and 15 weeks. it was hard enough trying to put this out my head but now im even more scared to death. i still have a swollen lymph node in the neck and sometimes i see something white in my troat, but cant tell if its a muscle or what they call trush. please respond anyone!!..this is driving me insane again.

how long after your exposure did you test positive for syphilis and negative for hiv Natedov?
how long after did you test positive for hiv?
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.