HIV, Living With Community

i dont understand

i recently found out i was hiv + and ive been living in a daze every since then 2 wks after finding out i was postive i found out that my t cells was at 137 which means i have AIDS and must have had it for some time (approx 4 yrs) the thing is i dont no when i aquired it and i have never been sick at all flu or colds or anything out of the norm how is that possible for my t cells to b so low and me never being sick? since i was never ill in any way the doctors all suspected that i wouldnt probably need meds for a while but not only was i surprised by the t cell count they was also is there other things that can make the t cell drop and make it drop at a fast rate? im on rigorious antiretroviral meds 4 pills daily and 5 pills every other day i go get tested to see if my t cell have went up yet since it been a month on the meds wish me luck
give the meds a chance to work, i learned a long time ago not to put too much emphasis on my cell count.  a sinus infection or anything like that can take it down, which happens with negative people too.  i have been diagnosed since 1994 and i am still undetectable, with a count in the 400's.  you can live a relatively long life with the right drugs.  keep your spirits up--it is NOT a death sentence anymore!  my doctor told me i would die of old age before i got aids--i am 50 now.... i really had a hard time with it at first and it took me down some long lonely roads, but it is getting better for me too...good luck
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.