A
A
A
Close
HIV Anxiety Support Community
1.35k Members
1043834 tn?1269046623

RASh

I have developed a rash on around my collar and my chest area. I am freaking out since It just developed. I hope It isn't ARS rash. it has been like 9 weeks since that day.
10 Responses
Try not to examine your self too hard.  I found my self doing this.  I woke up the other morning with a rash on my stomach and 20 min later it was gone.  It's probably due to anxiety.  Try to calm down.  Your negative test at 8 weeks is good.  Think of it this way...  Most people develope antibodies in 2 to 8 weeks.  You have already beat that.  Just stay calm.  

I am the same way by having new symptoms pop up.  My hands and feet have felt cold for the past 2 days.  Also my legs and face have been burning.  

Your almost done with your 3 month Window... Hang in there!
You had protected sex. You never had a risk. Additional HIV testing will not be of any benefit.
1043834 tn?1269046623
I know what you mean, but I developed this rash just yesterday. I still have some redness.

Today my girlfriend was freaking out cuz she got random diarrhea, and she said she started to have runny nose, like flu like, out of nowhere.

I am 80% sure it isn't HIV I just got scared when the rash appered, hope her symptoms have nothing to do with HIV.

Sorry again joggen I am kind of a bother.

Wish you all good health
1043834 tn?1269046623
Okay now I am really freaking out. My rash is the same. My girl has diarrhea, and she feels like the she is getting sick...

I am doubting that 8-week test it was a rapid one w/saliva
I can't really help you further. Your test proved that you are HIV negative.

You seem to be wracked with guilt/regret over having sex with a CSW. I recommend that you consider professional counseling to deal with it.
1043834 tn?1269046623
I Know I had protected sex, and yes I do feel guilty. But I am more concerned about her and my health. Her diarrhea doesn't seem to be clearing up. and well I broke out into a rash. She now has the flu. I am just worried that my 8-week test was not accurate. I am waiting for my last one which will be in like 21 days. If that test shows negative I will beleive it. I am getting a bad feeling about the seroconversion period about my test. Maybe the rapid I took was not able to catch my HIV antibodies.

At this point I don't feel like at is my mind, I feel like my test wasn't accurate. Her test was negative too. But it was like a 6-7 week test since I sleeped with her.

Today makes an official 10-weeks since my day of contact.

I can't wait for my 13-week test.

I will seek counseling maybe tomorrow. I just wasnt to be sure my 8-week test was a good indication of my status.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.