HIV Anxiety Support Community

anxiety over hiv symptoms

hi i was happy to find this forum to talk about anxiety i had after meeting a previous iv drug user and having two deep kissing sessions. I had a cut on my gum where i bit my cheek and about a week later i got a fever which got up to 102, with headaches, felt like something was swollen on the side of my face but docter at the er said there wasnt. During the fever i got night sweats really bad, now i am still waking up sweating not as bad, but everytime i do it scares me and i cant get back to sleep. I also got a cold sore right before the fever, the docter said it was a uti, based on my urine screen, but i felt no pain when i went to the bathroom.  I have what i am assuming is razor burn on my legs but in my mind it is a hiv rash. I always have small pimples on my body but now am thinking their due to hiv. I had the guy in question go get tested. He hasnt used anything in needle form since june 1st, and got tested october 1st, he tested negative with the oral rapid test. I got tested at 3 weeks and it was negative but cannot get the fear out of my mind. Now i have a rash that actually i think i have gotton before on the corner of my eye after crying night after night. I had a panic attack that felt like i coultn swallow and got a perscription for zoloft, but it made me feel weird so i stopped taking it. Now i cant get this out of my mind, and to make it worse my daughter use d my toothbrush the day after i met with him, so now i am scared that she could have gotton it, and now she has a cough, no fever or anything like that, but i iknow its probalby normal but cant stop thinking about this its affecting EVERYTHING in my life. please somone respond. I had a panic attack just a couple of weeks ago, and felt like i couldnt swallow, and now when i start to get upset it feels like my skin is burning. Can someone please help ease my nerves?
Stress and anxiety can cause all your symptoms.    You dOnt get HIV from kissing.  That's just not goin to happen
so even with the cut on my gum? do you think its cause i feel guilty ?
? could this be from anxieyt and feeling guilty? so even with a small cut in my mouth it woiuld have to be direct blood contact right? he went for a 3 month test and was negative, how much should i worry about this?
I wouldn't worry.   His 3 month test is conclusive.  I'm sure you've read that all over this and other websites.
yeah i did but then i read where sometimes it can take over 6 months....and that is wat made me so nervous. I know that the percentage of accurate negative tests are 99.7 percent, but stilll cant shake the thought . any suggestions? even had a docter tell me there was no risks.
3 months is conclusive, you dont need to worry about 6 months.

Your cut was would not be deep enough for any concern and his saliva is non infectious. As risks go you had the least risk i could ever tink of. Couples where one partne has hiv, kiss all,the timw, cuts and all and their has never been one case of hiv from kissing ever and thats ever,so your not going to be the first.
thank you that makes me feel better i was okay until i had "inflamed hair follicals" and the damn paper the hospital said that it can be from cancer or AIDS, which scared me, but i think that it meant  a symptom alot farther down the road from hiv. I think i am turning everything into a symptom and feel bad about that. Thank you this helps.
Agreed you are, but mate we get inflamed follicals.  Give it a day or 2 and you will be laughing about this.
i know also that they can be from just bacteria in shaving razor tooo....is that what you mean? lol...i ho pe so !!!
Yes buds :-)
so you dont think i have anything to be concerned about or you dont think that this could be a sign of an early hiv infection?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.