Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Anxiety Support Community
1.35k Members

depression

I did 2 tests hiv 4th generation (antibody + antigen p24), with the first 28 days and the second with 42, both negative.
But I am in deep depression and I can not stop thinking about the fact that I was infected.

these tests are reliable?
I perform other tests?
4 Responses
Your test results are reason to celebrate not as a basis for depression. Both tests are very accurate at the times that you took them and mean that the chance that you have HIV is virtually nil.

You should expect your final 3 month test to be negative.
1043834 tn?1269046623
Hey joggen I was wondering if the type of test for my 8-week oraquick was a 4th genereation test. I hope it was I would feel better. I mean I took it In california. is there a way to check.
There are no 4th generation tests approved for use in the US, and such a test would not provide any additional accuracy at 8 weeks anyway.
1043834 tn?1269046623

So I am out of luck until this month ends. I am starting to think my future test will be a real shocker.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.