Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV: Are you the risk factor? Community
42 Members

Possibilities of infection

On July 10th I engaged in a risky sexual behavior. I allowed unprotected anal sex with a sketchy individual. I am now experiencing swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, fatigue, nausea, and night sweats (2 times). I have not had a fever, head aches, rash, or any other symptoms. These symptoms stated four weeks ago and have progressed from there.I took a test 2 weeks after the incident but know it was inconclusive due to the window period. I have a boyfriend now and we've had sexual encounters several times and he experiences no symptoms. Essentially I am terrified, I am only 18 and cannot have this right now or ever. I will get tested again in 2 weeks, but in the mean time I just need something.
1 Responses
1069143 tn?1471316210
Sorry I haven't answered sooner. I don't get on the website much anymore. I recommend that anyone who has had unprotected sex be tested for HIV, as well as Hepatitis C. Your exact status cannot be determined without a test. The test can be taken immediately, but it will not be completely accurate until three months after your last unprotected sexual contact. You can be tested anonymous and free at a local HIV clinic or health department center.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.