HIV: Are you the risk factor? Community
42 Members

Possibilities of infection

On July 10th I engaged in a risky sexual behavior. I allowed unprotected anal sex with a sketchy individual. I am now experiencing swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, fatigue, nausea, and night sweats (2 times). I have not had a fever, head aches, rash, or any other symptoms. These symptoms stated four weeks ago and have progressed from there.I took a test 2 weeks after the incident but know it was inconclusive due to the window period. I have a boyfriend now and we've had sexual encounters several times and he experiences no symptoms. Essentially I am terrified, I am only 18 and cannot have this right now or ever. I will get tested again in 2 weeks, but in the mean time I just need something.
Sorry I haven't answered sooner. I don't get on the website much anymore. I recommend that anyone who has had unprotected sex be tested for HIV, as well as Hepatitis C. Your exact status cannot be determined without a test. The test can be taken immediately, but it will not be completely accurate until three months after your last unprotected sexual contact. You can be tested anonymous and free at a local HIV clinic or health department center.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.