HIV Prevention Community

Hiv risk as a result of being injured by a wooden cart with blood on it

I was riding my motorcycle one evening, so i hit a man who was pushing a cart. I was injured by the cart but the injury wasn't deep and didn't bleed for long. Am Afraid if by any chance there was blood in the wooden cart which i was injured with, does that means am posed for a risk for hiv?? Pls am sad and depressed right now
COMMUNITY LEADER
You were never at any risk of HIV. Forget ifs and buts and move on with your life normally.
Thanks alot
You can't get infected by your own blood because it's your blood. You can't get infected by anyone else's blood that is exposed to air. You really need to watch where you're going and be more careful next time. You could have really hurt that guy badly.