3rd gen combo tests

Is there such a thing called a 3rd generation HIV ab & ag combo test by Abbot ARCHITECT ?! if so what are the differences between the 3rd and 4th combo tests? and how reliable is the 3rd gen combo test after 40 and 58 days?
Have not heard of a 3rd gen test doing both AG & AB. Thought that was the difference is 4th did AG
I asked the lab dr. about the test I did at day 40 if it was a 4th or 3rd gen, he seemed confused and then told me it was 3rd that looks for both Ab and Ag ! could he be wrong ? because that worries me. do these diagnosis require good technician or its mainly the machine that does everything?  
Even if it tested for AB & AG at 40 days the AG would not show anything.
so what do you suggest? do I wait for 3 months and then do a normal ab test?
what about the reliability of the negative result at day 40 ?
40 day test is good indication. 8 week AB test is good enough.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community