HIV Prevention Community

4,5 + 7,5 ab/ag negative: symptoms persist

Exposure summary
30y healthy male, with only one sex partner in whole life until the 3-10 s unprotected vaginal exposure to a girl of unknown status
a 21y female in prague (non CSW). She didnt want to use condom and said was clean.

Symptom and testing timeline

1-2 week
- One persistent ulcer in mouth (get these often when stressed but not experienced them lately) -> i freak out!

2 week
- Existing feet fungus grows aggressively (I believe, because it had been there for a while but now spreaded faster)

4 week
- New Eczema in hands (tiny blister in small groups in side of fingers and palms)
- Fatigue that still continues today (feel like no sleep is enough). Mainly due to stress, dont eat much and everything feels depressed.
- Feet feel often warm    
- Hand tingle and feel often warm. Can especially feel during night time. Continues for weeks.
- Find a tick in my body, which I remove by pulling (didnt what it was). ->can cause some of these symptoms.
- Dry mouth start with feeling if hair on my tongue (goes on for a week, nowadays not a promlems..sometimes comes and goes…)

- 32day Duo (antigen and antibody) Negative

- some fingers shake - stll do.
- Find white/skin colored bump in one of toes.
- toes are wrinkly, not sure if because of treating them for fungus
5 week
- tiny spot under right eye that keeps tingling or feels warm (still there after 3 weeks). Hard to describe.

6 week
- After drinking in a wedding party, next day legs start tingle a lot and become numb and week.
- Next day drinking, arms start feeling tingling and numb and become weak. I suspect peripheral neuropathy. Feels like my legs and arms dont get enough blood.
- Eczema spreading more in hands
- little bit sore throat and one of glands in near throat swollen (still persistent after two weeks!!).
- I find tiny tiny red spots in my body
- Big red bumps on my hips..I have often big pimples on my hips but these are a very similar but they dont seem to have the yellow stuff in them. not sure.
- Muscle twitching (tiny shaking) in different part of arms and legs. Comes and goes. Been going for two weeks now.
- Left hand often falls sleep during night (done so past two weeks after the wedding).

7 week
- 52d duo (antigen and antibody) Negative
- Muslce pains. Different mucles in different days. Muscle pain still ongoing...e.g. right now back and butt.
- dry lips and mouth in the night and morning
8 week
- Numbness, weakness and tingling in arms and legs feel less painfull. Feels like getting better, however they still
feel weak. I have never experienced this.
- Feel little bit pressure in eyes and some headache occasionally.
- fatigue still persists and often no appetite (can go whole day without feeling hungry)
- Few days I have had loose stool.
- eczema in hands getting better.

Questions:
- If I  have really experienced Peripheral Neuropathy, what is their impact on my test results in context of their timing?
- It looks like I started ARS on weeks 6 (PN, muscle pains, bumbs). Is this possible, if so, my negative
result cannot be positive yet, right?
- If I have ARS starting at week 6 shouldnt the test spot the antigen in week 4?

My two biggest concerns are the PN and 2 week persistent sore throat (swollen tonsils)

What is everybodys say on my report? Due these indicate HIV?

This is really a nightmare...
Dr. Hook told you several times in multiple threads that you do not have HIV. Believe him.

Since you were already advised by the the doctor, any further posts from you in this forum will be considered excessive posting, and you will be reported to the moderators.

Mental help is what you need; professional mental help.
Hi Joggen.
Thanks for your reply.
I really pray that I only need mental help...I actually had a one hour talk today with a counselor from local STD center. This has really been the toughest time of my life and a real nightmare. I was already 100% certain that I have it when waiting for the 7.5 week test result. Being conviced that I have HIV is a horrible feeling. If I wouldnt have any symptoms I would not be here in this forum.

Now I am even more concerced, since they took several blood examples today and even bone marrow. Result was that I dont have any problem that would couse pn (they didnt do hiv test) like lyme desease which I suspected since I found a tick in my body 4 weeks ago. So this makes me think that I have pn caused by hiv. I have read in body that this has happened as an early symptom of hiv. I just dont get how I have still negative result.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Get your 3 month post exposure test and it will be conclusive.
I will do so.
Any suggestion for a support forum for a person like me...I really need some support and I realize this is not the right forum for it.
But one questions that no one has answered me that I am really curious about...

Does the fact that I have had two negatives in 4.5 and 7.5 week with both antigen and antibody give me stronger indication than if the tests would have only been about antibody since to my understanding antigens are there before antibodies come. How could I have so long time without either of them being present?

My "risk assessment" is that you do not have HIV,.  You should go on and be evaluated by your doctor for your causes of neuropathy but you do not need to worry about HIV.

I hope my comments are helpful to you.  EWH
It's a good indication.
If my neuropathy symtpoms were due to the rare Guillain-Barré syndrom (AIDP) should I test positive since its part of the seroconversion process?
Update:

I went for final 12,5 week test today (it was some type of rapid test) and the 20min waiting time was the most nervous times ever. Result: NEGATIVE!! I am sooo happy!

I must thank everybody on this board and especially the docs! You gave me a lot of piece of mind in those hard times. Its been the worst nightmare of my life for the past 12 weeks but at the same time a great gift to understand the important things in life.

Few comments about my "symptoms":
- Somewhere in my previous mails I mentioned some white patches in my tongue thinking that I had a geographic tongue...well, now I actually looked at some of the real pictures of that symptoms...my white patches where just normal part of my tongue nothing even close.
- Blood blisters in mouth. Recently I have had lots of them..almost every other day. But my mouth has always been sensitive (sometimes skin comes off if I eat tomato) and I believe I have never even looked to my mouth so actively before as I have now). Actually I dont even know if that is any early symptom of hiv..anyway, looks like those blood blisters are not coming anymore after I stopped having tomatoes in my salads.
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck...they are finally going down..yes. They have been a constant reminder to me to believe that I have hiv. BTW, these were diagnosed by a real doctor, so I was not imaging. I have never had them in my life (I think), so that was realy scary.
- Neuropathy (whatever I have), still lingers little bit, but much better now. Looks like its stress caused. Today I dont feel anything..however, there is a strange connection between drinking and having those problems. If I drink heavily, I feel them much stronger the next day. But Im meeting my doctor next week so we'll see if they are still there and what to do about them.
- Tiny red spot in my face is dissapearin..at least I dont feel it anymore.
- Eczhema in hands is gone.
- Toes are still a bit dry as are my fingers.

BTW, people are always worried about white tongues..I have always had a white tongue my whole life..so its not always anything serious.

I asked the nurse, why the guideline in our country is still 3 months even though we use 4th generation duo. She just said that they dont want to risk anything, but they know that they are very accurate nowadays and that turning positive after 8 week is extremely rare. She  has actually seen only case turn positive after 6 weeks, but that was long time ago, asuming before 4th generation. She also said that she know that some hiv specialist in this country is saying that 6 weeks should be the window period.
It's not up to the specialists, it is the manufactures of the tests..
Agreed. I just thought that it was interesting information to share.

BTW, the nurse that took my test told me that only 20% people experience ARS. Is it true?