HIV Prevention Community

4th generation hiv test

Today I found out my blood test report and found out that my result was validated within 1 hour which freaked me out as I had recent risk and exposure towards hiv which antibodies might not form yet. I went to the lab and asked and they said they are using Roche Cobas E411 to perform the assay and result can be obtained very soon ( around 1 hour if there are no other samples the same time). I browsed through the net and found out the only hiv combo test for this device is Elecsys and the duration of test is 27 minutes.

1) Would like to ask that the 27 minutes stated there means the whole procedure will take around 27 minutes including process of preparation of blood samples and reagents into assay or just the time for assay to run exclude the preparation steps? According to my studies, ELISA required at least 3 to 4 hours of preparation which made me suspect the reliability of the test/ performance of lab assistants.

2) Does anyone has knowledge and experience on the sensitivity or accuracy of this test ? 4 weeks post exposure non reactive. Reliable?
What was your risk to begin with?
protected vaginal and unprotected oral. but in between i was'nt sure is there any contact of her vaginal fluid on my genitals.
Nevermind that question, you have receved answer after answer.