HIV Prevention Community

6 week tests are negatives.....what are my chances now

hay ! i got tests results after six weeks....they are all negative....HIV was done by ELISA  method, had an intitial doubt on my VDRL results but that too when rechecked with ELISA came out negative....so plz tell me what are my chances now.......i have no syptoms except forf few pimpels on my body! there are not many ..but after one disapperar another one appears........4 in last six weeks.....can i still test positive for HIV or STD ....plz tell me

plz guys comment and help
You can still test positive after 6 weeks.
What was your exposure?
i had unpotected sex with sex worker in dubai ..actually had condome on for most of the time...but as i was not cumming ,,,i took it off and started rubbing on her crack on the back ,,,,,but dam thing slipped in and  i came....i washed my self immediately.........she was from hongkong or china.....she did told me she did have any thing....as she tested...very recently
From what I hear, most sex workers do not have HIV,
yes i have heard that too...DR HHH says it is difficult to get HIV from having one time sex with even HIV positive person.....but why does he says that   6 weeks are enough.....and why others dont rely on it......isnt he reliable doc!!
I've talked to people that have seen a 6 week negative become positive.  That's why 3 months is considered conclusive.  Some people take longer to produce antibodies.

I don't know that I trust Dr. HHH 100%.  It really depends on the situation.  

Unprotected vaginal intercourse with internal bleeding as he was VERY rough.

It depends on the situation. It is possible that it takes longer for some people to create antibodies.... I never claimed to be a doctor OR have interacted with more people with HIV cases... I simply stated my opinion of ONE doctor.  He is a doctor and I am not... So believe what you will.

From what I have read from people who have HIV/AIDS and research.. THERE ARE CASES where a person had a 6 week negative and then tested positive after that.  They even told me that where I had my HIV test.  

what do u mean.........if u trust him ...100%  but  why not his conslusion..(( he had never seen any one testing positive after six weeks and according to him 300 hundred other professionals agree with him....) ...how come u have come across such people  ........dont u think these guys might have got it....later ....or they  dont know the dates correctly.......

if they professional they must have interacted with more poeple with HIV cases then u have !!!?...

plz dont mind ...just wanna clear my mind......what was ur experiance
dam! u made me scared again....oh ****!!!!!.........i dont understand why we do this,,,why it happens........i will never have sex with any one.......dam.....i didnt make her blead or any thing............but still why does the DR HHH with his qualification has to lie.....

DR HHH on the site was very upset with this TEAK guy.....and he belived he was not talking sense or qualified enough....!!! he is so sure of his thesis........

can still be postive for other STD
WHOA.. I didn't say he lied... He and his colleagues MAY NOT have seen it, but it has happened.. That does NOT mean that he lied.. I never said that.

Why is Dr. HHH upset with teak?  Teak is very informed about what is going on.  

You can also still test positive for other stds.  I tested positive for herpes.. Which is why I am even more scared that he also gave me HIV.

I honestly think you will be fine.  It's harder for a female to give it to male anyways... AND plus most sex workers are NOT positive.

I am also scared out of my mind.. but I think I have more of a chance than you do.
***@****

Dr HHH only in case of gay guys and long term relationship with HIV positive person...suggest 3 months.....i have also seen his advise to a person with who had 4 weeks negative ...( had exp with a sex worker) not to go even for 6 weeks test....

I don't agree with the above statement.  It CAN happen through one time exposure.. I don't care what Dr. HHH claims..  You have the right to believe what you want.

I, on the other hand, am getting a 3 month test.. I won't be able to relax until that comes back negative.

Nice talking to you too.
hay ! TEAK is after all not that qualified DOC ....these guys like Dr HHH are in the field and very qualified plus do research.............i have also read on DR HHH that even officially in Australia....they are thinking of reducing it to six weeks,,,,,,,,and Doc in Australia are pretty convinced that six weeks with modern ELISA test is enough.....the 3 month time was actually set in 1985.....when modern ELISA test were not vogue ...they havent changed since then,,,,,,

this whole makes me more sexually frustrated...dam...i love sex and i wanna have it again....but only with 2 condome on....

u can add me on yahoo or msn if u like

my id on yahoo is    hotguy_qta   and msn  ***@****

nice talking to u ...take care and u will  be alright i am sure......doc HHH knows what he is talking about

sure i will take the dam test too .....after three months ,,...and hopefully it will last....and  i will be negative....i have high hopes.........

and i have same for u tooo......have fun...cheers!
COMMUNITY LEADER
"6 week tests are negatives.....what are my chances now"

Straight to your question, chances of you dying tonight by an heart attack is more likely than your test result changing ahead.

Do get a confirmatory test at the 12th week, it will be negative.
How do you KNOW for sure that it will be negative?
COMMUNITY LEADER
1. Average time to sero-convert is 22 days (according to CDC) for an individual with a normal immune system

2. Detectable amount of antibodies would be always present 2 weeks following the sero-conversion

3. Todays's generation of tests are highly sensitive to even a small amount of antibodies

4. Having said that, by 5 weeks antibodies should be detected if the virus was acquired at the first place however 6 weeks is a conservative figure and a great indicator to what a 12 week's test is going to be.

5. A test at the 12 weeks is just a confirmatory test to make sure that every possibility of infection is ruled out.

6. A 6 week's negative changing ahead is very very very very unlikely almost unheard.
hey mike,
can you paste the link here.
please....
coz
There are actually some research paper published in "AIDS" in recent years about the testing and window period, all suggesting that a 99% confidence interval using antibody test is 2-5 weeks :)
There are no tests approved for a conclusive negative result until 3 months. There have been no manufacture even try to get an approval for earlier testing.
COMMUNITY LEADER
That is correct, I have that presentation with me.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I agree and do suggest every one to get tested at the 12 weeks for a conclusive result, what I'm talking about here is a peice of information which is a research work talking about 6 weeks being highly indicative.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It's a presentation and it's at my home PC, I'm at work now, let me buy some time, I'll definitely upload that at a public ftp server.
Well I hope I'm in that average percentage.  That would be nice to get a conclusive negative @ 3 months. =0)

Does it matter that it was ONE day shy of being my 6 week test?
Nice pic Mike...
;)