HIV Prevention Community

7years with my HIV Positive husband yet am Negative

My husband tested HIV Positive in 2007..iin 2008 i got pregnant with our first child but i tested negative..we continued having unprotected sex and in 2011 i conceived again and again tested negative meanwhile he he is still positive..6 Months ago i tested again am still negative..He is not taking any drugs at the moment and his health is just ok...what could be the reason for this.
Why are you having unprotected sex with your husband?! Are you trying to catch HIV??
for the last 6 months i have been having protected sex....this was after the birth of my daughter...
You need to test 3 months after your last unprotected sex to rule out HIV. So you if you have been having protected sex consistently for the last 6 months you can test now for a conclusive result.

HIV is not efficiently transmitted, so sometimes a person can go without catching HIV after months or years of unprotected sex with an infected partner.

Please use condoms consistently for now on.