9 week test

hi, i am mail 28, i had protected sex in 4 feb 10 with sex worker, she was in his period I don't notice is any blood into my condom. I had test on 9th april 10 and its come nagative and i had only one symptoms till now is cough & cold from last 7 days. i want to know should this symptoms is due to hiv? and should i need any more test? thankz
Best Answer
you had NO RISK from having condom protected sex and your "symptoms" are not from hiv.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you dont need to be worried as u have had protected sex. 9 week test is pretty much a sure result.. more like a preview of what u will get when u do a 12 week conclusive test. A negative test at 9 weeks is pretty encouraging... but den again u dun need to be worried!.. protected sex is safe
Helpful - 0
sorry my english is poor. what details you want from me pls let me know i will try to explain. thanks
Helpful - 0
thanks for yiur reply but what do you think about my symptoms?
Helpful - 0
u cannot diagnose hiv by symptoms.... the symptoms for hiv are mostly same as symptoms for most of the common diseases u get once in a while.
Helpful - 0
only cough & cold are hiv early symptoms? any obe symptoms comes or multi symptoms? thanks
Helpful - 0
please dont try to self diagnose by symptoms!!... symptoms are too common in many diseases.... if ur so worried .. u need to get tested.. by dont judge by symptoms!
Helpful - 0
i am not diagnoses my self by symptoms i want to know for my satisfaction, thanks.
Helpful - 0
well if symptoms do come.. the come normally in multitude.. and they come abit strong.. but symptoms occur only to arnd 30%, the rest dont even get symptoms and they still have hiv.
Helpful - 0
thank you very much.
Helpful - 0
thanks a lot.
Helpful - 0
Hi, Today i had done my blood test CDC & ESR because of my cold & cough, In CDC there is many abnormalities like WBC Count Neutrophils is Low 36.0 and Normal range is (50-70%), Eosinophils is HIGH 10 (0-7%) & Lymphocytes is HIGH 48 (20-48%). My ESR is normal & Abnormalities of Leucocytes is Eosinophillia. Weather its indicate HIV Virus? What should i do should i need test or i am safe from hiv? pls help...
Helpful - 0
Can anybody please help me, i am really very worried. thanks
Helpful - 0
What have you already been told? read the answer you selected as best answer from Lizzie.
Helpful - 0
That means i am safe & this blood count is dose not indicate any hiv virus. Right?
Helpful - 0
yes..absolutely right
Helpful - 0
Thank you for making my mind clear.
Helpful - 0
Hi, i want to know how many days after exposure any symptoms comes because i got flu like symptoms (Cough & Cold) after 9 week and still have little, i have symptoms from last 14 days and from last 2 days my wife also get the same symptoms...  i think 9 week test is near my 90%, then too still i need yours opinion about me and my wife symptoms. are they sound like hiv? should take so long to appear? please i need your advise. Thanks  
Helpful - 0
how can you have hiv when there was no risk of you getting it?.
and how can you present with symptoms from something which you did not get?.
think about these 2 question and move on
you dont have hiv..your symptoms are not hiv related..
go see a doctor for your health prob
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much...
Helpful - 0
Hi, Today i had done my Elisa hiv test and thank god its come negative. i want to know how conclusive is 84 days hiv test is? because in 3 months there is 91 days and in 12 weeks its 84 days. should my test is conclusive. thanks
Helpful - 0
either will do...BUT...you never had a risk ! ! !
Helpful - 0
conclusive because you did not have a risk
for a person with a risk..a 84 day negative wont change
Helpful - 0
i know i had no risk but someone told me to do test at 12 weeks it is conclusive between 84 to 92 days, but other person had told me that it may change test result within 8 days. who is right? i dont understand so i need help from you. thanks
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community