HIV Prevention Community

ARS Rash & Flu

I know its kind of not cool but if possible, if someone knowledgable could answer these Q's:

1. ARS RASH:
a. is it itchy skin on chest, which upon itching becomes a rash. I have read that it is a non-itchy rash. Does it mean, the area does not itch after becoming a rash but what about before it was a rash. Which of the below 2 options resemble ARS rash:
i. The chest area starts itching - upon itching, rash appears - once rash appears, the rash is non-itchy
ii. no itching in chest area - rash appears out of nowhere - it is:
a. flat
b. non-itchy
c. pink/red

b. how long does it last?
c. does it move from one spot on chest to another?
d. Is it flat or raised?

2. ARS related FLU:
a. is there any way to differentiate a flu from cold or allergy
b. is runny nose a symptom of flu
c. When a person has ARS fever of of over 100 degrees F, can he or she tell without taking temperature.

It will be good to get answers regd these Q's from some knowledgeable folks. Kindly respond.

You were given answers to your non risk issues on AidsMeds by very knowledgeable folks.
Not regarding the Q's I have asked above. Its been almost 4 weeks since the incident and apparently I have been having runny nose for last 10-14 days and I developed itchy rashes on my chest. So, I just wanted to get some insight to it. Anybody in my situation would get worried. It will be great if you could elaborate on the Q's above.

Thanks...
You didn't have a risk, you were told you didn't have a risk.  
Please just tell me that won't people bother if they get these symptoms within ARS timeline. This being support forum, I do not think my questions are irrelevant. Maybe, I want to put my fears aside or maybe I want to gear up to the uncertainties that future holds. Isn't that the purpose of a support forum? I got the facts from AIDSMEDS and I did not put these questions there thinking those folks will get annoyed as my risk was as it is discarded.
We get just as annoyed when people keep asking questions when they didn't have a risk and no you were never at risk of contracting HIV from kissing.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

Dr. Bob at The body says that HIV can permeate mucous membranes in the mouth. He even recommends pep in case blood of hiv positive guy goes in the health care professional's mouth.
The Body repeatedly suggests that there is no risk in kissing if there is no visible blood in mouth but how on earth can anyone know that. Nobody inspects anyone's mouth before kissing.

Rather than trying to get me kicked out of this forum, could you please give me some rational answers.

I have informed you at aidsmeds that my oral hygiene condition is extremely poor whereby I have few cuts and wounds on my gums which bleed every now and then. How can you disregard my risk? You are ridiculing me & my risk concern without trying to educate me why my risk is no risk. You are pretty much parroting that french kissing is no risk but have you thought of different variables which make every case different. I have to seriously question your credibility as an educator. I understand that saliva does not carry hiv but what if the other person's mouth had fresh blood mixed with saliva which I could not see. I respect your knowledge and opinion and do not want to demean the good work you are doing out here but I as an individual for sure felt insulted by your remarks of me being kicked out. For heaven's sake, this is a support forum.

On another note, could anyone put light on "Visible blood" in person's mouth. Could anyone enlighten me on the dynamics with which blood borne HIV infection can take place via kissing.

Please understand, I have had a red itchy rash on my chest that lasted a week at WEEK 3 and at week 5 lymph node under my right jaw was swollen & hurting badly. This is pretty much consistent...
Thanks and looking fwd to some support

Then seek professional mental help because you have been told over and over again you didn't have a risk.
Just so everyone knows what you called a risk it was,

a minute log french kiss with a stranger
   a. got herpes break out on the lips 3 days later
   b. have multiple root canal surgeries in the mouth
   c. 1 root canal was done 15 yrs ago, the crown comes off easily and the tooth    below is completely rotten. Did not get it fixed as it is a time consuming exercise.
   d. A recently done root canal, the crown has dislocated and offen pierces the gums and they start bleeding.
   e. Oral mucosa not really in a good shape as I scrape the membranes with fingers/nails to get rid of tonsilliths/ tonsil stones. Sometimes it bleeds.
   e. Did not see if there was any blood in girl's mouth
   f. Maybe she had oral herpes or maybe I had it from before but if she had then I    would have sucked on it causing closer access to HIV through a drop of blood or so

by Edward W Hook, MD

HIV is not transmitted by kissing, deep or otherwise and the presence of mouth sores, bleeding lips, gum disease, etc do not change this.  No one has ever gotten HIV by kissing of any sort.  You do not need to worry about this and certainly do not need testing.
I have read the good doctor's comments but would your mind not worry thinking about the 1 documented case of kissing transmission and also looking at the post of the guy here who claimed to have gotten HIV via kissing sometime in June. Could you in any possible ways elaborate on the documented kissing transmission case from your vast knowledge repository. i.e the circumstances.

I just want to know so in future I do not put myself at risks which I will fret about. I have already spend more than 2 years coming out of my last HIV trauma and I was a frequent visitor on aidsmeds. From there only, I concluded that kissing was not a risk. I started my life all over again. Entered a new relationships. Things were all looking up until this happened. The statement that suggests there are 14 enzymes in saliva that inactivates HIV is very comforting one and can be often misleading but then there are reports where people say they have been infected via kissing. Nobody is really worried about plain kissing. WE forget that kissing might pose danger when blood is involved and nobody can say for sure if blood is/was involved.

Then, we come to ambiguous terms like "visible blood". That is the stupidest term "the body" uses for kissing exposures. How much blood constitutes "visible blood". What exactly is "visible blood" in kissing context. Is it a stream of blood flowing from the edge of the mouth? In what scenario a blood exposure to HIV is possible via kissing. These are important questions so everybody knows the dos and donts and what risks this non-risky even poses.

Thanks for your time.
ggggggrrrrrrrrr...

you have been advised that you were never at risk...apparently by more than one forum.  

this forum has done it's job...MOVE ON ! ! ! ! !