HIV Prevention Community

ARS after 6 days?

Hey all.  I feel like there's a chance that I might have made a huge mistake and given my gf HIV.  Here it is in a nutshell.  My last exposure was a little under 10 weeks ago.  I had protected oral AND vaginal sex with a sex worker.  Stupidly, I didn't ask her HIV status.  Anyway, a couple weeks ago, I took an 8 week Oraquick test.  Results were negative.  Before that, I took a ELISA blood test 6 weeks post expsure and that was negative and a PCR DNA test / ELISA 2 weeks after the exposure and that came back negative too.  Per the doctor's advice, after the 8 week test I put my worries to rest.  However, 6 days ago, I had unprotected sex with a girl that I'm dating.  Last night, she came down with a fever and sore throat.  So now I'm worried that she's experiencing ARS symptoms.  Please advise?  Can ARS show up that soon?
If your gf has HIV she did not get it from you.  You don't have it, you can't give her what you don't have.
I sure hope not, joey, thanks.  I'm just worried that I shouldve waited 3 months to get tested before having unprotected sex with my gf.  Maybe it's guilt/anxiety.  I don't know...I'm pretty worried.
Guilt and anxiety, you nailed it, friend.
One last question.  Is it possible for ARS symptoms to develop within a week?  I've read that it takes usually 2 to 3 weeks.  Is 6 days too early?
yes, it's too early
Jay i think the 8 week window is not conclusive the 8 week window gives you an 80 percent probability that you dont have HIV. I think you should re-test 4 weeks after. I think its always a good idea to re-test even after it is conclusive. Why because it shows you are concerned and that equals safe sex.
If you would take it at 3 months like the test say. You wouldn't have to be questioning the percentages.
Are ARS symptoms persistent or do they come on and off?  My GF's fever subsided for a few days but today it's come back.
the doctor on the other site has written a few times for other posts that 6 weeks is a 95% accurate result, not 80.
Generally it's persistent.  You didn't give her HIV because you don't have it.  Look in the Dr's forums for information on testing time accuracy.  
sorry I meant 8 weeks is 95% accurate....so the doc says
Doesn't matter what they wrote. 3 months is conclusive.