HIV Prevention Community

ARS from oral sex?????????????? PLEASE READ

Hi, Im (uncut)  young guy. On Sep 4,07 I got oral sex from a sexwork ( dont know her HIV status) I cam* in her mouth. Everything was fine until I had to take a blood test for my job. Then I started to worry. I got tested on the 17th of Sep, but got back the results on the 28th. Here's what confuse me. I took the test on the 17th, but on my blood results from the elisa 1/2 HIV-1/HIV-2 ( RDNA) EIA (NEG) after 15 days of exposer. Where's what I need to know. On my blood result paper work, it say they receive my blood on the 27th, and final report on the 28th (neg, non react). Even though the doctor draw blood 15 days after exposer, can and if hiv was in the blood, will it survived to show up on the 27th or did it died out.

Next: I think got a yeast infection from my girlfriend, my penis would itch and a few pimples showed up but the next day disapper. I never got a high fever ( nothing over 98.2). No enlarged lymph nodes, had diarrhoea for a few days but I think it was because I was worried. Then about 3 months from exposer I got a rash on my penis foreskin and a few skin color pimples on my head. The first time I got the pimples I never put any cream or anything. then have sex with my girlfriend and a few weeks later it came back. I put some over the counter hydroclorazone on it for 8 to 9 days and it cleared up. But what really worries me, my girlfriend just got a next yeast infection. she just had a baby 4 months ago and just got her. a month ago, and my tongue look very white, I brush the white stuff off, but it comes back in the morning, is this early hiv infection after 3 and half 4 months after exposer. I feel fine, but this white stuff on my tongue worries me a great deal. I check online at photos but dont look like anything I have, my tongue and inside my cheeks are white but with mouthwash and brushing it, it comes off.
I really need to know if my symptoms are early HIV infection.

Thank you.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oral sex for men, who receive it, is risk free. There may be a slight risk existing for the performers, if ejaculation involved.

In a case of real risky exposure (unprotected vaginal or anal sex or injection drugs), 15 days test is not conclusive and would appear as "false negative" if infection was picked up.

For you, there is no need for any kind of test, because you were never at risk, if the said exposure was the only one and you were not indulged into any other event of unprotected sex during the past 3 months.

Symptoms do not mean much, because some other common infections and anxiety also cause similar symptoms.
diver get your info correct
You were never at risk from receiving a bj.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Could you please highlight, what correction I need? I do not think that any wrong information was provided to verydumbguy07 in my post.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Great Stuff... CDC never classified oral sex as a "risk free" behavior, especially performing BJ. Your quoted 8%, I have also read somewhere, on a web page of some American University and let me recall further, San Fransisco's City Clinic also mentioned that performing BJ is not as less risky as receiving it. In Dr Hook's opinion, transmission probability is  less than 1 in 10,000.

What I believe that it is very extremely low risk behavior, but not totally risk free.