Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Advise Needed

Hi,

I need some really good advise, I had sex with a sex worker and the condom tore at the tip. Upon realizing that the condom had torn I immediately washed my private parts.

When having oral sex I used a condom as well and only removed it when ejaculating outside.

I had checked with the girl and she said that she is clean and had a blood test done 3 months ago, of course I have no way of verifying this.

I know I need to go for a test for the next 6 months to ensure that I am clean, however what should or can I do in the mean time?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
* ethnically ( correction  for ethically)
Helpful - 0
Yes Teak is totally correct.

HIV 2 is less pathogenic as compared to HIV1 and its infection is mostly confined to the regions in southwestern Africa(Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast).HIV-2 also spreads to other parts of the world but predominantly to those countries having strong ties to West Africa; France, Portugal, and Angola to name three. Very few cases are reported outside these nations but occasionally few cases emerge.

Many  people here don't say where they are from  and whom they had sex with (geographically or ethically).So I always recommend testing for HIV1/2.

Always use condoms properly and never share needles.
  Chirag
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
to further what teak has said...you can test at 6-8 weeks for a very good indication of your status.  at that point...it is unlikely that your result will change.  with that being said...follow up at 3 months for a conclusive result.
Helpful - 0
Unless you are from southwestern Africia or you have had sex with someone from there then that is the only time you need to concern yourself with an HIV 2 test. An HIV text at 3 months post exposure will be conclusive.
Helpful - 0
Condom breakage place you at risk.

As girl said that she tested at 3 months ago and had a negative status at that time, its a good indication .But we can't just take people by their word.There are possibility that she is faking (may not have tested) or might have infected herself after her HIV negative status results.

I would recommend you to do ELISA for HIV1/HIV2 at 3 months mark.

Always use condoms properly and never share needles.
  Chirag
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.