Am i at risk?

i'm a 27 years old guy from Germany and i need to ask you some Questions about possible HIV Transmission. First of all i would like to say that this is a great Forum and you all do a great Job in teaching people about HIV.
I've ever tried to do Safe Sex, but i am still afraid in getting HIV because of some symptoms i got (rash, swollen lymph nodes). In the last 6 Month i had a couple of sexual contacts to women (four Women) here in Germany. With all of these women i had unprotected mutual masturbation (she masturbated herself, then me; maybe with vaginal fluid on her fingers; then i masturbated them and then myself), unprotected oral sex (they gave me; there were no blood in their mouths)  and protected vaginal intercourse (the condoms seemed to be unbroken).

One Woman lost a lot of Vaginal Fluid while she was sitting on me and we had protected intercourse. Now i'm thinnking about that some of that fluid passed my anus.

I'M just freaking out while i'm thinking about that.

Now i would like to know if there were any risk for contracting HIV. Do i have to change my sexual practices or is everything completely fine?

Thanks for your Attention

Greetings

XYZMister
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to our Forum.  The short answer to your question is no, you are not at risk.   I congratulate you on your commitment to safe sex and am pleased to tell you that the sorts of activities you describe are not associated with risk for HIV.

Let me elaborate a bit.  First, HIV is quite rare among heterosexual  women living in western Europe and North America with fewer than 1 in 1000 having the infection.  Further, HIV has never been spread through mutual masturbation even though it is typical for partners to get each others' genital secretions on one another.  this is true no matter how much genital secretion is involved and irrespective of whether or not a person has cuts, scrapes, skin rashes or other skin abnormalities that get genital secretion on them.  

I note that part of your concern comes from noting that you had symptoms which have been described in persons with HIV.  Please let me point out that symptoms are terribly non-specific and there are NO symptoms which are unique to HIV.  The sorts of symptoms that you describe (rash, swollen nodes) are the sorts of symptoms that most people get once or twice a year due to common, community acquired, non-HIV, non-STD viruses.  

Bottom line, you have nothing to worry based on your description and have no need for testing.  I hope my comments are helpful to you.  EWH
Helpful - 1
The quoted figure for HIV risk, if one receives oral sex from an infected partner is less than 1 in 10,000 and, in my estimation that is too high. Some experts state there is no risk at all from oral sex.  Neither of us on this site have ever seen or reading the medical literature of a convincing instance in which HIV was passed by oral sex.   It is not something to worry about.  EWH
Helpful - 0
Dear Mr. Edward W Hook,

thanks a lot for your answer. Your answer have been straight the same answer i got from my local AIDS aid here in Germany.

But one question do i still have. Is there any risk in getting oral sex (My genital, her mouth)? I read it on this site and in Germany and Austria they teach us, that there is only a risk when the active part has blood in his/her mouth. What do you think about that?

I really apreciate you take your time for me....

Tanks a lot

Greetings and have a nice day

XYZMister
Helpful - 0
Dear Edward W Hook,

thank you for you quick answer.

Have a nice day.

Greetings
Helpful - 0
Glad to help. EWH
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.