A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

Am worried I am HIV positive

Hi,

I recently received oral sex from an Indonesia sex worker 4 days ago. There were no sres on my penis. She also stimulated my anus with her finger. I also fingered her with a finger that had a tender hang nail on it. I have since felt a tender swollen lymph node under my chin. What are the chances that I am HIV posiitive? I have not had a test yet as I have been told it is too soon to do so.

Am very worried about this so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
15 Responses
Hi,

I forgot to stipulate that the oral sex was unprotected and there were not sores on my penis or bleeding from her mouth (that I could tell) :-s

186166 tn?1385262982
receiving a blow job and fingering (even with a hang nail) did not put you at risk for hiv.
First of all you had safe sex. Secondly 4 days is way too early for any symptoms to be noticed it’s just anxiety man that you are suffering from. their is nothing wrong with go live your life haply and don’t waist your time reading the internet about symptoms or you will end up paranoid like even when the doctors tell me there is nothing wrong with me.
How soon do symptoms start showing? As mentioned above I have a very tender swollen lymph node under my chin. I am also feeling quite fatigued? Could this all be attributed to me freaking out?
Also, the fact that I got fingered in my anus would this pose a threat of infection?
186166 tn?1385262982
once again...YOU HAD NO RISK!!!

you did not get hiv from the described situation above...so whatever is wrong with you is NOT hiv related.  see your doctor for a workup and diagnosis.

anxiety can and does cause physical symptoms.  as far as your @ss is concerned...this has already been answered.
Thanks Lizzie for your comments. They've somewhat put my mind at ease. Would you see any reason for me to get tested after 12 weeks or am I OK to draw a line under this one and move on?

Thanks
507640 tn?1213683824
Hi Timmy,

Just want to let you know. I am Indonesian too, and 4-5 years ago did 5x w/ CSW there in Jakarta and Surabaya. The oral is unprotected, n right now I am still negative.
So far no STI, thanks God.

But now I am worrying about something else.
507640 tn?1213683824
nvm, I dunno whether u r indonesian
You didn't have a risk and you were given a warning on AidsMeds. MedHelp has the same guidelines, try reading them.
Based on my above scenario would you see any reason for me to get tested after 12 weeks or am I so low risk that it is not worth worrying about?

I believe for there to be a risk of HIV been passed during oral sex that there must be a considerable bleeding from the persons mouth and also must be a cut or open sore present on the penis. Is this correct?

Thanks
You didn't have a risk and didn't require any tests from getting a blow job.
Many thanks for the quick response. It is greatly appreciated.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.