Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Anal sex with condom but used lotion- risk?

I had brief anal sex last night with a stranger. We weren't drunk. He was the top and entered me for about 30-40 seconds total- not all the way, it hurt too much. We stopped. The condom remained intact. I double checked it a few times after as well. My question is, we used lotion for lube. I know to use water-based lubrication, which is a part of the reason I also wanted to stop. I didn't want to risk the condom breaking.

Because the condom did not break, was there no risk? Or could the lotion have helped to nullify the condom? I understand that sounds a bit ridiculous, but I am guessing no PEP is required since there was not a technical exposure?

I am also living in a very conservative country with strict HIV immigration laws. This person, who works in biomedics, is required to get tested 3 months and he would not be allowed to retain a student visa if he were to become HIV positive. I was last tested in January.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.
1 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
you had NO risk
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.