Anti body or antigen

hello dear doctor.sorry for my bad english.I have a question.1 week ago iwent to lab and did a Hiv Test.but when I got the result 2 days ago it was Negetive  but there was not written  the kind of Hiv test.then I called  And asked them was it Antibody or antigen.they said its anti body.  but in the paper  my test result  was like this:
result :Negetive  0.012     And
Normal renges :negetive less than 0.9      borderline:0.9 - 1.1    possitive:more than 1.1
  my question http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=79#is that does any antibody's test result that shows with Number like my test result 0.012 .
or Its antigen?I think they lied to me its antigen.because antigen test shows with number not anti body.  please help me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
dear teak  please for god sake answere me
Helpful - 0
You'll have to contact lab that gave you the test and have them explain it to you.
Helpful - 0
thank you.I called them and they told me its antibody.my question is  is there any anti body test that shows the result with number. like negetive  0.012
Helpful - 0
dear doc  please help me
Helpful - 0
Yes, there are a lot of HIV tests that give a numerical reading. <1.0 is negative.
Helpful - 0
God bless you Doctor. thanks a million.and last question i swear . you mean anti body test that give a numerical reading. <1.0 is negative. yes?
Helpful - 0
If you took your test 3 months post exposure then you do not have HIV.
Helpful - 0
yes its more than a year.my worry is that I thought the only method that gives a numerical is antigen p24 and as I know  the p24 is good for the first weaks of infection.because of that I asked you that Does elisa or any Other methods of anti body test gives a number or not.because my test result was with number.so  you mean my test result can be antibody or elisa.yes?
Helpful - 0
Reread the answer I gave you when you asked it above.
Helpful - 0
Ok I got iT.Thank You So so much .
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community