Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anti body or antigen

hello dear doctor.sorry for my bad english.I have a question.1 week ago iwent to lab and did a Hiv Test.but when I got the result 2 days ago it was Negetive  but there was not written  the kind of Hiv test.then I called  And asked them was it Antibody or antigen.they said its anti body.  but in the paper  my test result  was like this:
result :Negetive  0.012     And
Normal renges :negetive less than 0.9      borderline:0.9 - 1.1    possitive:more than 1.1
  my question http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=79#is that does any antibody's test result that shows with Number like my test result 0.012 .
or Its antigen?I think they lied to me its antigen.because antigen test shows with number not anti body.  please help me.
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
dear teak  please for god sake answere me
Helpful - 0
You'll have to contact lab that gave you the test and have them explain it to you.
Helpful - 0
thank you.I called them and they told me its antibody.my question is  is there any anti body test that shows the result with number. like negetive  0.012
Helpful - 0
dear doc  please help me
Helpful - 0
Yes, there are a lot of HIV tests that give a numerical reading. <1.0 is negative.
Helpful - 0
God bless you Doctor. thanks a million.and last question i swear . you mean anti body test that give a numerical reading. <1.0 is negative. yes?
Helpful - 0
If you took your test 3 months post exposure then you do not have HIV.
Helpful - 0
yes its more than a year.my worry is that I thought the only method that gives a numerical is antigen p24 and as I know  the p24 is good for the first weaks of infection.because of that I asked you that Does elisa or any Other methods of anti body test gives a number or not.because my test result was with number.so  you mean my test result can be antibody or elisa.yes?
Helpful - 0
Reread the answer I gave you when you asked it above.
Helpful - 0
Ok I got iT.Thank You So so much .
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.