Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.8k Members

Anybody know the rate?

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone may know roughly the rate of HIV infected trasexual sex workers in Canada?
Not looking for an exact amount or anything but maybe a 'high' or 'low' type answer (and if more specific available that would be great also.

I am looking at Ontario, specifically Ottawa.

Thank you
1 Responses
366749 tn?1544698865
COMMUNITY LEADER
Google yourself. I am unable to understand, what help you will get from this info. If you plan to visit a sex worker in the mentioned areas using this information, it would be meaningless. HIV transmission is not a game of numbers or "pick n chose". Or, if you have already been there, again it is meaningless, who knows that the one you interacted with, was HIV positive or not.

Rules of the game are very simple. If you feel, you are exposed to a risky situation, your blood test after 3 month mark is the only way to determine your conclusive status. Unfortunately, this is the only technique known to man today for an effective screening.  
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.